What's new

Silver is Going Crazy!!

Sand Swinger

Hero Member
Joined
Jan 9, 2025
Messages
711
Reaction score
1,823
Golden Thread
0
Location
Maryland
Detector(s) used
White's Dual Field PI
Minelab Sovereign Elite, Minelab X-Terra Elite
Previously owned: Minelab Sovereign XS-2a Pro & XS-2 Pro,
Garrett ATPro & ACE 350,
Fisher 1220X, White's Coinmaster IV, Heathkit.
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Silver crossed $60/oz today and it’s now just a few cents away from hitting $61/oz. It's gonna be a wild ride!

1765312046437.webp
 
Upvote 0
You guys....... i dont know...... heh.......... :/
I might need to find a new silver thread to hang in i think.... lol ....
One where the people have been into buying.... and selling.... metals for a longer time.

:P ... no offense.
Hey ARC...just so ya know...ive been trading in precious metals for my boss for 12 years....1000$ a month !! When I say we've profited immensely.....I mean in a way many people dream of.....silver, gold, and platinum. I only handle the metal side of his investments, and its just a small fraction of the total portfolio. But ive done spectacular and outperformed many other investments. Yup...hard to believe a fisherman handles a billionaires metal portfolio....but 18 years of employment allows your boss to see other skills you may have !! We have no regrets at this point !!
 
Well.... tonight OR tomorrow... 100 - 5000
IMO.
 
Who in their right mind would pay 150 ? ? ?

I would feel bad as hell charging someone that.... even if they were ok with it.
I dont feel bad at all....and neither does anyone else in this trade.
 
You paid 95 ... i am lost.
Its ONLY worth that.

IF you sell to a shop.... you wont even get that.
He's not selling to a shop, private buy and sale. He bought for $95 but already had a private buyer lined up to buy from him for $150, so he's making $55 each, total $220 for just basically being a matchmaker, using his network and not having to touch the Silver. He could have paid 100, or 105, or 110 and he'd still be making a good profit on each coin. His cost per coin is irrelevant in this deal, as long as the price he's selling for is higher than the price he's buying for, he wins. AND 2 free lunches to boot. Yes, I'll take the lobster Thermador, lol.
 
He's not selling to a shop, private buy and sale. He bought for $95 but already had a private buyer lined up to buy from him for $150, so he's making $55 each, total $220 for just basically being a matchmaker, using his network and not having to touch the Silver. He could have paid 100, or 105, or 110 and he'd still be making a good profit on each coin. His cost per coin is irrelevant in this deal, as long as the price he's selling for is higher than the price he's buying for, he wins. AND 2 free lunches to boot. Yes, I'll take the lobster Thermador, lol.
we cleared that up long ago.
 
He's not selling to a shop, private buy and sale. He bought for $95 but already had a private buyer lined up to buy from him for $150, so he's making $55 each, total $220 for just basically being a matchmaker, using his network and not having to touch the Silver. He could have paid 100, or 105, or 110 and he'd still be making a good profit on each coin. His cost per coin is irrelevant in this deal, as long as the price he's selling for is higher than the price he's buying for, he wins. AND 2 free lunches to boot. Yes, I'll take the lobster Thermador, lol.
Also cleared up long ago.
 
Well.... tonight OR tomorrow... 100 - 5000
IMO.
Market closes in 7 minutes... and the re-opens in an hour overseas.

Of course... if you were on Kitco... you would know these things and be able to watch it.. heh
 
Hey ARC...just so ya know...ive been trading in precious metals for my boss for 12 years....1000$ a month !! When I say we've profited immensely.....I mean in a way many people dream of.....silver, gold, and platinum. I only handle the metal side of his investments, and its just a small fraction of the total portfolio. But ive done spectacular and outperformed many other investments. Yup...hard to believe a fisherman handles a billionaires metal portfolio....but 18 years of employment allows your boss to see other skills you may have !! We have no regrets at this point !!
I know people that spend that PER WEEK. heh
 
Screenshot_20260122_165343_Chrome.webp
This is why I dont feel bad....he dont mind paying 150 at all, and he gets it tomorrow, and could probably sell for more in a week....keep up ARC....the real world is fast, and if ya dont stop and look around it could pass ya right by.... you make your deals, and ill make mine....put it this way...im not "flocking to your area" ive earned far to much to change my strategy now.....it was long term and not day trading paper silver for short term dips and highs.....thats called work !! And im a fisherman....2014 ARC....we already won 🏆
Screenshot_20260122_165343_Chrome.webp
 
Who in their right mind would pay 150 ? ? ?

I would feel bad as hell charging someone that.... even if they were ok with it.
We're all Pirates in here, remember?
 
Nice stab...but 380 bucks total 95 dollars an ounce.....they will be gone tomorrow and sold flat rate 150$ each....and guess what....the guy i bought them from is happy and owes me a lunch, and the guy buying is happy and he owes me a lunch !! That's small time, but real physical trading!! The price is what ya get in the end.
All my life I have been able to avoid getting it there.
 
Market closes in 7 minutes... and the re-opens in an hour overseas.

Of course... if you were on Kitco... you would know these things and be able to watch it.. heh
Ya still not getting it.....I dont have to watch the market like that....I just need a glance at the price here and there.....im not paper trading by the minute.....im long term investor. And kitco is not something new either....everybody watches all the big names including kitco....why are you so obsessed with watching the markets paper sector minute by minute.....are you gonna rush out to one of your sale spots and get that tube of eagles for 3 under spot when the price hits a certain cap, are you dumping paper holdings hour by hour ? Or are you even trading at all ? Im really at a loss to any strategy except monitoring the market ?? Can you give any examples of your recent trades....they should all be sensational profits for someone so into this market !!
 
Ya still not getting it.....I dont have to watch the market like that....I just need a glance at the price here and there.....im not paper trading by the minute.....im long term investor. And kitco is not something new either....everybody watches all the big names including kitco....why are you so obsessed with watching the markets paper sector minute by minute.....are you gonna rush out to one of your sale spots and get that tube of eagles for 3 under spot when the price hits a certain cap, are you dumping paper holdings hour by hour ? Or are you even trading at all ? Im really at a loss to any strategy except monitoring the market ?? Can you give any examples of your recent trades....they should all be sensational profits for someone so into this market !!
Who says i watch it minute by minute... ? ? ?
This IS the site / price USED by 90% of The World. heh
 
Who says i watch it minute by minute... ? ? ?
This IS the site / price USED by 90% of The World. heh
Also....
Ya still not getting it.....I dont have to watch the market like that....I just need a glance at the price here and there.....im not paper trading by the minute.....im long term investor. And kitco is not something new either....everybody watches all the big names including kitco....why are you so obsessed with watching the markets paper sector minute by minute.....are you gonna rush out to one of your sale spots and get that tube of eagles for 3 under spot when the price hits a certain cap, are you dumping paper holdings hour by hour ? Or are you even trading at all ? Im really at a loss to any strategy except monitoring the market ?? Can you give any examples of your recent trades....they should all be sensational profits for someone so into this market !!
Also bart...............
This IS HISTORY in the making dude.
And... just the beginning of it.

I watch... because i am interested in it. heh
 
"MARKET IS CLOSED
(Will OPEN in 38 mins. ) "
 
Also... bart.... THIS IS what i do man. heh

Metals ... ALL metals ... are in my blood... literally
Im asking for a recent trade so I know what scale your trading on, whether your long term investing
I know people that spend that PER WEEK. heh
That's great ARC....you da man !!
 
Hey ARC...just so ya know...ive been trading in precious metals for my boss for 12 years....1000$ a month !! When I say we've profited immensely.....I mean in a way many people dream of.....silver, gold, and platinum. I only handle the metal side of his investments, and its just a small fraction of the total portfolio. But ive done spectacular and outperformed many other investments. Yup...hard to believe a fisherman handles a billionaires metal portfolio....but 18 years of employment allows your boss to see other skills you may have !! We have no regrets at this point !!
Whoo Hoo, I know some multi-millionaires, but I don't personally know lest have ever worked for any Billionaires.

I've been into coins since I was a kid and got my first metal detector. I was never a serious numismatist, but I love finding old coins, checking their values but for me, it's always been more about the history of the coin, wondering who lost it, what were they doing when they lost it, and I always get a rush knowing that I'm the first person in 125 - 150 years or so that has held that coin in their hands.

But about 4 years ago, I took advice from an acquaintance who is a multi, multi-millionaire. He suggested that I buy Silver and Gold. So, I looked into it and decided to start rolling over my 401K's, get them out of the stock market and over to precious metals. At that time, I knew that I had silver coated wire for my electronics, but I wasn't yet aware of all the industrial uses and how important Silver was to industry, hadn't yet gone that far in my education. So, my entire investing decision wasn't based on deep market knowledge or analysis. I didn't wrack my brain trying to figure out which way to go. For me, I just decided to use my life experience, discernment and common sense to make my decision.

I decided to buy a small amount of Gold, as I didn't want to miss out if/when Gold took off, I at least wanted to be in the game with Gold, but I was primarily interested in Silver. So, I got a small amount of Gold, just so I could be in the game and root for Gold as I was rooting for Silver, but I put probably 95% into Silver. At that time, Silver's spot was $19 & change, and Gold's spot was around $2,200 or so, don't remember exactly. But in my case, my decision to put the majority % of investment into Silver was based totally on some very simple basic common sense. I figured at $19oz, it would be MUCH easier for Silver to double its price to $40 than Gold to double its price to $4,400 per ounce. AND I could buy a lot more oz of Silver than I could with Gold, so IMHO, I had a much larger upside with Silver. That was pretty much the extent of my "analysis" at the time. I could buy Gold and wait for years for it to double my money, or I could buy Silver and have a much higher chance it would double a lot sooner than Gold.

That decision has paid off and turned out to be the right decision for me. Maybe it's luck, but common sense has never failed me. So today, my Gold has doubled in value plus a few hundred more. But my Silver has increased a hairs breath away from 5X my investment. If I had put everything into Gold, yeah, I would have doubled my money, but by investing the majority of my $ into Silver, I've multiplied that initial investment by 5X. Sometimes, ya don't need to be an analyst or market trading whiz. Sometimes ya can either get lucky or just use common sense and intuition from life experience to point you in the right direct to go.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom