What's new

Small area of beach erosion gives up silver quadfecta

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Hi :hello:

Hadn't been to this particular beach for several months so I decided to give it another try..2 hr. hunt.

Was pleasantly surprised to see a small area ( upper slope dry sand) with severe erosion...never saw the rocks / concrete sections/ jutting out from the sand at this beach in the 6 years that I've been detecting there.

Pulled out some nice silver coins, a junk toe ring, a "wheatie", and a thickly encrusted cross which gave off a medium tone ..I was skeptical as to the metallic content, but was hoping it was silver...turned out to be just that, but I got robbed of the many stones that had at one time covered this cross( as you will see in the pic.)


These treasures were under that sand for many years, I am sure because I was detecting right down under what was a flat , dark gray beach surface devoid of sand.


Have to get back there soon to pick up what I missed.

Here's some pics....thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF1931.webp




DSCF1942.webp

DSCF1932.webp

DSCF1930.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
WTG :icon_thumleft: get back there while the gettins good :wav:
 
I agree with Casper on that one,really nice silver finds Lorraine, maybe some gold there too. Happy hunting.:leprechaun-hat:
 
Really nice finds! Get back out there ASAP! Hope the weekend weather holds and you don't get rain.

HH,
Anita
 
Cool finds and great pics..
 
Nice going, I bet you're dying to get back there.......good luck.
 
that was a good hunt Lorraine!! nice to see the rocks once in awhile!
 
Awesome finds!!!! I'm hoping the beaches here start to erode too. Is this something that occurs in the winter months? I am in san diego and somebody told me the winter does something to the beaches where the sand is stripped down many several inches and that the rings i have been finding up until now is just luck and that the winter months will be by far the best time for getting the gold and silver jewelry! Any knowledge on this? I have only been detecting since july of this year...
 
Nice Silver,Sorry about the stones in the cross,Thanks for sharing!!

HH John
 
L, :headbang:!!!
LOW & SLOW! Then show me the Gold!!

SnT
 
:silvertrophy::silvertrophy::silvertrophy::silvertrophy::silvertrophy::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2::hello2:WYG,love that silver cross,,HH:hello:
 
got to be gold there Lorraine ... WTG on the haul.... :)
 
Well done
wav.gif
Lorraine
wav.gif
Congratulations!
wav.gif
 
Great Finds Lorraine! Looks like a good spot to me!
 
Nice going, I bet you're dying to get back there.......

You just know it, Fred...raining today...may hit it between the rain drops

Lorraine
 
Awesome finds!!!! I'm hoping the beaches here start to erode too. Is this something that occurs in the winter months? I am in san diego and somebody told me the winter does something to the beaches where the sand is stripped down many several inches and that the rings i have been finding up until now is just luck and that the winter months will be by far the best time for getting the gold and silver jewelry! Any knowledge on this? I have only been detecting since july of this year...

Gee_mg,

Thank you, but I am not so well -versed on this; I can tell you that the winds, rains, and strong surf certainly will uncover the beaches down to the hard -packed bottom.

I love hunting in the Fall & winter...have found rings directly through 4-5 inches of snow, and under iced -up troughs.

I 'm sure that the more knowledgeable members on this forum can give you their expert advice...I've only been hunting for 6 years...not enough to know what I should know for getting those treasures on a consistent basis. :icon_scratch:

HH
Lorraine
 
L, :headbang:!!!
LOW & SLOW! Then show me the Gold!!

SnT

One problem , Snt: I have to see that gold first before I can show it to you; I'll have to do away with my "turtle mode" swing & upgrade to " snail mode":occasion14:

p.s. that's root beer in those bottles :laughing7:

Lorraine
 
Nice silver finds...get back to that spot.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom