What's new

Someone posted a skeleton key find a while ago ; I liked it and hoped to find one ..

lorraine

Silver Member
Joined
Dec 15, 2010
Messages
4,474
Reaction score
3,764
Golden Thread
0
Detector(s) used
Minelab GT; Sov Elite
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
for myself......and today I did:hello2:

But that was about all I found, plus a few sinkers and some button -like object.


Hi:hello:,


I was so happy to have found the skeleton key and I promptly showed it to my husband who reminded me that we have plenty of them in our cellar collecting dust!???

Well, it 's true ..our house was built in the 1920's , but I, in turn reminded Hank that it's the fun of digging one up, ...more fun than chasing a golf ball across the park :laughing7:


After cleaning the key, I found some numbers on the bit.

Here's a link with info about this key..

http://www.houseofantiquehardware.c...ass-with-triple-notched-bit?sc=10&category=52

Gold continues to elude this hunter.

Here's a couple of pics.

Thanks for looking

Lorraine

DSCF2101.webp

DSCF2115.webp

DSCF2112.webp
 
Upvote 0
10-4 on chasing a ball :walk:Hang in there gold will come.
 
Neat key! Must be a treasure chest nearby. :thumbsup:
 
I love those keys reminds me of both my grandparents homes. Looks just like there front door key!! I miss them too.
 
Lorraine you are the queen of cleaning!! that key looks great!
 
Hey L that's a beauty!!

This is the one I found Recently! Ju Ju loves it too!
 

Attachments

  • image-325387763.webp
    image-325387763.webp
    26.1 KB · Views: 137
  • image-4141700078.webp
    image-4141700078.webp
    26 KB · Views: 140
cool find anytime!
 
Great key and very nice cleaning job. I used to play golf about 25 years ago with my cousins. Needless to say we were always in competition. When I started chasing my clubs, I knew it was time to let go. Never looked back. Congrats again Lorraine!
 
"This is the one I found Recently! Ju Ju loves it too!"

Ju Ju is a little darling! She has a beautiful smile!!
 
Congrats on finding your lucky skeleton key...
It looks really sweet all cleaned up :)

I found a big one the end of last summer and I have it on the shelf as it's one of my favorite finds...

Now lets you and I go dig some gold !!!!
 
I really like the Key. I found only one back when I started and I still remember where and how it came out of the ground. I still have it.
 
cool key Lorraine,now to find the big treasure chest it will open :tchest:
 
Love the key!
 
Congrats on the key, you do a great job of cleaning up your finds Lorraine8-)
 
'Congrats on the key, you do a great job of cleaning up your finds Lorraine
cool.gif
'

Ditto
:occasion14:
 
Hey LO, great find on the key. I was watching Diggers on their initial show they showed a butch of buttons. Could be from the Civil War era!!

Ray
 
never online much anymore ... life is really busy, but in posting a find tonight I see this and total yay to you - glad the snow melted and you got the haul you wanted Lorraine ... regards to H and the furries - holidays soon so I will be able to post and congratulate finds again (for a bit)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom