Sooo.....what do YOU think 2012 will bring?

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Personally, I believe that the stone carvers just ran out of room on that big rock with all of those dates, moon phases, solar eclipses, lunar eclipses, etc. I mean, they had to stop somewhere. I choose to classify the Dec. 21, 2012 Doomsday crapola in the same vein as the Year 2000 computer scare. Just someone's uninformed hysteria.

What is your opinion?

P

pippinwhitepaws

more wrinkles and my drivers licence is due for renewal.

OP
OP
Shortstack

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pippinwhitepaws said:
more wrinkles and my drivers licence is due for renewal.

Good answer. ;D

Eu_citzen

Gold Member
Sep 19, 2006
Sweden
Detector(s) used
White's V3, Minelab Explorer II & XP Deus.
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
A new year, to. :coffee2:

jb7487

Apr 16, 2009
I agree with you. It will come and go without so much as a hiccup. The world has been scheduled to end about 100 times now. And no one ever seems to remember that it hasn't yet. Why should this one be any different?

People create these stories because they want to. It's like the people who think that the weird, unexplained, photographic glow in pictures must be gold. Why? It could be anything. It could be an old rotting twinkie. But we don't want a twinkie. We want gold. So that's what we decide it must be. The same thing is true here. The end of the calendar could mean anything. Perhaps it was the date that a huge party was scheduled to occur and we were all supposed to have a giant, worldwide wienie roast. But we don't want a wienie roast. We want to believe that it is the end of the world. Why? It's human nature. So people invent all kinds of supporting evidence that means absolutely nothing and spread the hysteria. Whatever...

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not one blessed thing will happen. Because the Bible says no one will know the hour. So, if you believe the Bible is infallible like many of you do, you will know nothing will happen. Monty

B

BIG61AL

it will bring that much closer to the dirt nap zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

LJHanley06

Aug 19, 2006
When everyone else is "transmogrified"...to a state of higher conciousness...I will go on a shopping spree with rifle in hand.

LadyDigger

Bronze Member
Jun 7, 2006
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250
Just like the Y2K scare...I did nothing! My computers worked just fine and I did not go out and waste my money as they were saying to do!

Now 2012? I'll just be older than I am now. My crystal ball isn't working, so I can't say. Can't find a decent crystal ball repair person anywhere! UGH!

It's ok to read that stuff, it is very interesting, as I do read it all too! But, I take things like a grain of salt. For all we know, the world may end tomorrow, but we will never know!

So, enjoy life now with your family and friends...and DON'T WORRY ~ BE HAPPY! (now, how many of you will be singing that song all day long! LOL)
AM

aquanut

Bronze Member
Jul 12, 2005
Sebastian, Florida
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ21, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Well, I think it's just another "The world ends tomorrow" scare tactic. I don't understand why people even come up with this BS. The world will end when it ends and there won't be a damn thing we can do about it. So who's going to be around in January 2013 to tell you "I told you so" If it's true...? I say we'll all be here saying "I knew it was all a bunch of BS. Then somebody is going to look over all the stuff and come up with a new date to worry everyone with.
Aquanut

vibes

Bronze Member
Aug 20, 2007
Northern Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1280x Aquanaut
Personally--I feel it's just an end to a cycle, the Maya calendar cycle doesn't end it moves forward, just in a different way.

For kicks let's play it out--December 21, 2012 11:11pm (ok for all you sticklers 23:11 EST? I need to double check that one)

I'd love to book a trip and experience the 'end of the world'... Mayan time! Sheet, why stop there...how about standing ON a Nazca line...or laying on one?

Hell, I've licked one of the *supposed* ancient crystal skulls...2012 doesn't scare me, bring it on

Anyone planning a HUGE 2012 party on the winter solstice?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread