West Jersey Detecting
Gold Member
- Joined
- Oct 23, 2006
- Messages
- 5,249
- Reaction score
- 1,102
- Golden Thread
- 1
- Location
- Philadelphia Area
- 🥇 Banner finds
- 1
- Detector(s) used
- Nokta Legend, Excalibur 1000/II (hybrid) , Teknetics T2 SE
- Primary Interest:
- Other
- #1
Thread Owner
Has anyone ever had a "supernatural" experience while detecting? I've actually had two things happen to me that don't make any logical sense. I'm generally not a believer in ghosts and those types of things, but these two events made me wonder.
The first was when I was detecting my first cellar hole, an old tavern site. The tavern was about 5 miles from the nearest paved road in extreme South Jersey. There was no EMI because there were no wires or cables, and no cell service, and I was totally alone. When I stepped into the cellar hole, both my boot laces were untied and the long laces were wrapped up around my calves. I thought it was odd but never gave it a second thought.
Within a few minutes I found my first ever large cent, a beautifully preserved 1836. As I took it out of the dirt pile, I heard an indecipherable whisper in my headphones! I spun around expecting to see someone, but there was nobody there. I went back to the dirt pile and AGAIN I heard the whisper! I ripped the headphones off and spun around this time, but again there was nobody there. I got out of there in a hurry, but when I returned it never happened again but I found a bunch of firsts there. My first colonial, my first Flying Eagle and a bunch of other really great finds. I'll save my other freaky story after hearing some from the other members.
The first was when I was detecting my first cellar hole, an old tavern site. The tavern was about 5 miles from the nearest paved road in extreme South Jersey. There was no EMI because there were no wires or cables, and no cell service, and I was totally alone. When I stepped into the cellar hole, both my boot laces were untied and the long laces were wrapped up around my calves. I thought it was odd but never gave it a second thought.
Within a few minutes I found my first ever large cent, a beautifully preserved 1836. As I took it out of the dirt pile, I heard an indecipherable whisper in my headphones! I spun around expecting to see someone, but there was nobody there. I went back to the dirt pile and AGAIN I heard the whisper! I ripped the headphones off and spun around this time, but again there was nobody there. I got out of there in a hurry, but when I returned it never happened again but I found a bunch of firsts there. My first colonial, my first Flying Eagle and a bunch of other really great finds. I'll save my other freaky story after hearing some from the other members.
Or in a cellar hole putting pieces together later that make you go whoooaaa thats cool.And involving Native Americans Crazy stuff happens.I think we as a people dont know much about ourselves and our place in fact sometimes i feel like we dont know
because of what we have forgotten and haven't learned yet..there are some amazing stories, crazy stuff..Just makes me wonder whats really going on.I've mentioned A ranch I used to live on in Lone Pine Ca. you guys can google earth this one and believe me or not on if i lived there..anyway...it is off of a road called Indian Cemetary so there is a Piute Cemetary there....make a right find the cemetary make a left end up at the ranch. WEll its an old cemetary any still used for Burial by the Piutes..there is an old Indian trail there and the put little rock walls on the trail entering the area of the cemetary from the ranch..i was told it is called a Spirit Blocker..it keeps them from leaving the cemetary and wandering off.The Ranch was homesteaded in like 1890 my ex-father in law bought the place in 1989. It was an artists estate early to mid century Theres a studio Darkroom there...Father in law said he saw the Old Man walk across the yard one time..like he knew where he was heading the whole way across!!!!!!The old man didn't live there anymore!! Story coming from a retired L.A. County Deputy who would shoot you before he ever lied to you.Thats the only other place I have heard people talking that werent there...Someone put up a link to you tube Black Forest Haunting Its in Colorado..it was filmed by tape not digital so I think its pretty cool crazy stuff. MORE STORIES PLEASE






