What's new

Tesoro Cortes help

fbjr

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2007
Messages
166
Reaction score
19
Golden Thread
0
Location
Elmira, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030/Minelab e-trac/
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got my new Tesoro Cortes a few weeks ago and as of recently had some nice weather to try it out. Been out a few times and am really getting the hang of it, just a few more things to figure out tho but I need some help. I still don't really understand what the threshold knob does and if it only works in certain mode(s). I have my manual but just am not getting it, it's easier for me to have someone tell me versus reading over and over. Guess I process things better this way LOL The only other problem I am having is hot rocks, I get a great signal and it's just a big rock(size of a fist or bigger). I tried adjusting the discrimination but can't seem to get it right for these rocks. Any help or tips is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your time

Frank
 
Hi Frank, When you are in All Metal you adjust the Threshold to where you can bearly hear it. When you switch to Disc it goes silent because that is a silent hunting mode.

The Hot Rocks have more minerals in them so in effect they are a "good" target to the detector. Only an Minelab won't respond to them unless they are big. Usually it takes to much disc to not hear them and then you lost to much depth and good targets.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom