Tesoro water detectors

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000, Tesoro Silver Umax, Tiger Shark and Whites MXT.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Try Joe (USA) as he is a Tesoro dealer. I think the Tesoro site will tell you where your dealers are.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
Like Sandman said Joe[USA] right here on Tnet is a Tesoro dealer... And i saw that up in Mass. where you are Colonial metal detectors are takeing names on a waiting list for Tesoro water detectors..Almost all dealers i looked up are putting names on a waiting list for the new Tesoro water detectors.....

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
OK. Thanks for the info.! I am strongly considering one as I have an excal now. I figure the Tiger would be a back up to the salt beach and my primary detector for fresh water where I do most of my hunting. It appears to be more sensitive to small gold than the excal.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
John (Ma) said:
OK. Thanks for the info.! I am strongly considering one as I have an excal now. I figure the Tiger would be a back up to the salt beach and my primary detector for fresh water where I do most of my hunting. It appears to be more sensitive to small gold than the excal.

Right John, my Tiger is my backup for the Excal but my main one for freshwater till I test out the AT Pro.

OP
OP
John (Ma)

John (Ma)

Silver Member
Jul 12, 2007
Western Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
I am not sure wether to go with the 8" or 10 1/2" coil if I get the Tiger.

I have the 10 on my excal and like it. However, I know a guy with the 8" on his excal and swears by the 8". Any thoughts? ???

ToniSteve

May 23, 2009
Pacific Northwest
Detector(s) used
2 Tesoro Tiger Sharks, Sovereign GT, Excaliber 1000, XL Pro, IDX Pro with Mods, M-6, Minelab MusketeerAdvantage,
Hi John,
Gene Scullion probably knows more about that detector then anyone, he wrote the original field test on it and has used it ever since it was rolled out onto the showroom floor. His original field test may help you make a coil choice. If not call Gene.

Here is the address at the Tesoro site for the field test:

http://www.tesoro.com/info/fieldtests/current/tigershark/

I think if I had one hard wired I would choose the 10" (10.5) depends on your ground and trashiness of the site. My machine is the old one that is interchangeable and I like the 10.5. But use other coils as conditions allow.

Kind Regards,
Steve

GibH

Silver Member
May 17, 2009
Florida
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Surf PI Pro/MXT/Quattro/Sovereign XS2 Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: coils

It may have just been the coil, but I didn't like the 10.5" on mine at all. Both depth and sensitivity suffered with it on there. If I had kept it, I would have sent it in to Tesoro to have them tune it to that coil.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread