Texas Treasure Experts?

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
I am looking for anyone who is an expert in the lost Texas treasures, like the ones found in the article below. I would love to talk to someone who has either attempted to look for them or is currently hunting!

Thanks!

X Marks the Spot | Texas Monthly

Want a piece of the pie do you. lol Frank five star.png

austin

Gold Member
Jul 9, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250
Primary Interest:
Other
I've searched for some of them. Been to the Los Almagres mine(Lost San saba). It has been filled in by the tailings from a shaft near it(Boyd Shaft). Private property with no way to get in. Went with UT geology club. Ore is very poor. Have searched for a couple of the others. Really just legends. Sam Bass never had much, certainly not enough to bury. Dobie told the other stories. True? Fake? Who knows. When I was a kid we hunted Padre north and south. Found Jewelry, coins from Port A to Money Hill(south of the Mansfield cut. Probably still a bunch there. I'm 66 and it just doesn't fire me up anymore. I gave my cousin my detector and I play golf...

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Singer was found. Bass got shot at Round Rock, if they still had loot Frank Jackson got it, moved to
Arizona. The others are unfounded. Where you at? Might have something if . . .

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Me thinks that these type stories are nothing more than fanciful legends and ghost stories . Nice stories for around the campfire . And human mind wants SO HARD to believe (lest you be "left out". Oh .... & of course they're all iron-clad true , right ? Afterall: you read it in print ;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread