The beach giveth.....I taketh away

Hag730

Apr 29, 2012
Saint Marys Georgia
Detector(s) used
Excal II, Garrett AT Pro, Tesoro Compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wierd hunt today.....got up at 4 am and drove an hour to a beach Ive hunted pretty heavy this summer. I walked out to the high tide line and put my stuff down. Once I started, I literally walked 20 feet and got a very strong signal.....10 grams of 14K white gold. Spent the next four hours digging junk with a bunch of clad. I was on my way back to where I had dropped my stuff and hit the second ring......10 more grams of 14K white gold. This one is marked "A Jaffe" I guess its a designer brand?....could be worth a nice chunk of coin. All in all, 20 grams of gold this morning....awsome.
white g sun.jpg14K white.jpg
jaffe in hand best.jpgjaffe cu.jpg
A Jaffe.jpg
both rings on scale.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Wow, Hag730...that was some great hunt! The rings are beautiful! :headbang:

Good for you !...Keep 'em comin'!

Lorraine

Last edited:
Awesome rings, Great job.:icon_thumleft:

Awesome day. Wish I would have a beach day like that. You are right, A. Jaffe is the designer. He specializes in unique wedding and engagement rings. His website, www.ajaffee.com, might have a ball park value for you. Again, those are awesome finds. Congrats. :icon_thumleft:

Awesome Tickets! Congratulations!! :occasion14:

10g is huge. I don't think I have ever found a gold one that heavy. NICE. Papa

Nice! Love the one with the designers name inside it.

well looted - great value in that hunt - congrats.

What an awesome hunt you had today ,nice looking rings & heavy too:icon_thumright:WTG,,HH

Wow! Two at a time....great finds. :headbang:

HH,
Anita

Great looking gold ring finds Hag730. Congratulations.
Gold Nuggets :hello:

Nice Rings! WTG!

Man...That's a good day. I like it when the beach "giveths"! At the closing price for gold today you got $649.59 in scrap metal.
Here's the link I use to determine what the value is of what I find. Of course even if you go with one of the refineries, ARA or Midwestern, mentioned here often you'll lose 2 - 5 % but it's much better than a pawn shop, jeweler or "cash 4 gold". Keep it up.

Scrap Gold Weight Conversion and Melt Value Calculator, Gold Per Gram, Gold Price Per Ounce

Two chunks on one hunt...awesome.

2 nice fatties - WTG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back