The magnet method is it the holy grail of detecting please help

metal mania

Jul 4, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whilst out detecting early one morning I came across an elderly gentleman whom appeared to take great interest in what I was doing. Striking up a conversation he said that if I went detecting with magnets attached to the bottom of my detector it would cause the field to become much more compacted thus getting deeper. I did try it but it just sent things haywire however after speaking to him one more he claims they need to be special negativity charged magnets which he can supply at a cost of 300 pounds UK sterling before i part with any cash will it work

thanks.

sounds bogus to me. If there were a "better mousetrap" that could easily be applied like that ...... don't you think the manufacturer's would be "all over themselves" to put it on themselves?

There's a lot of superstitious thought about magnets (ie.: to heal, aid in gas mileage, etc...), so I guess it's not a stretch for someone to think they can amplify a detector too, eh?

Save your money LUV. If it had had the slightest bit of value, you can bet that the detector manfacturers would have used it by now. Theoretically it may distort the field, but not in a practical sense.

I haven't heard of a negative charged magnet?? But then there are many things that I haven't heard of snifff.

Don Jose de La Mancha

plehbah said:
People have been buying magnet treatments for many years.

I would recommend submerging your metal detector into some nice healing waters.

Call me on my satellite phone if you need some.
wheres the number and does it work

it will only work if you send
the cash to me. then I'll Push
a Button Here & It will work.

Sorry This is too Impossable
to say Anything else about.

Electronics have an electro magnetic field of it's own, adding and subtracting magnetic equipment to it would only give false hope to the individual that mess's around with their already reliable equipment.

It's like turning a fan on and pointing it toward a hurricane to change the effect. A waste of time and energy, BIG waste.

The magnets will interfere in the process of transition and reception. If A BFO it will also interfere and lower the depth.
Some on out to make a buck from you.

metal mania said:
... he claims they need to be special negativity charged magnets which he can supply at a cost of 300 pounds UK sterling before i part with any cash will it work
thanks.

You should offer to sell him some blinker fluid for his vehicle. Inform him that over time, vehicle turn signals operate at a decreased output. Replacing the blinker fluid restores things to factory spec. Going price is typically 300 pounds UK.

Okay, guys... we're getting a little too close to the edge on this one.

Two points:

• Do not post false statements.

• Do not accuse another member of posting false statements.

Thanks!
PBK

That guy is out to rip you off. Don't do it.

Offer to sell him a few Liters of Plaid Paint instead. :D

-Buckles

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back