Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Joshr29

May 23, 2012
Texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
the only thing i can really give to jersey shore cast is that they besides all the bad things they teach kids theres one good thing which is its good to stay fit keep your body working right and its good to exercise i can support that

That's GTL (gym tan laundry) to them right? I think their tanning addiction more than cancels out any good that their workouts do though lol. I will agree though that Sam is not bad looking and probably the most normal one on that dang show. Thats right I was dumb enough to sit through an episode or two until I realized my IQ was actually dropping per episode. I didn't have too much to spare so I stopped quickly!

NJnuggetpirate

Bronze Member
Feb 14, 2013
New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT PRO, Garrett PRO POINTER
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's GTL (gym tan laundry) to them right? I think their tanning addiction more than cancels out any good that their workouts do though lol. I will agree though that Sam is not bad looking and probably the most normal one on that dang show. Thats right I was dumb enough to sit through an episode or two until I realized my IQ was actually dropping per episode. I didn't have too much to spare so I stopped quickly!

Lol watched 3 seasons I find the stupidity and drama amusing

Frankn

Gold Member
Mar 21, 2010
Maryland
Detector(s) used
XLT , surfmaster PI , HAYS 2Box , VIBRA-TECTOR
Hay Vor, Maybe you can get Jeff to change the title From offer to Pirate House! Frank... pirate.jpg

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hay Vor, Maybe you can get Jeff to change the title From offer to Pirate House! Frank..

Let's wait to see how far it gets first. Don't think Jeff is going to do me any favors.

So you have met the caretaker and he is apparently searching the grounds for the gold just like they did back in 30s when the old seaman died. If anything is there, it would be hidden inside the house since he built it himself and not outside for anyone to dig.

In the meantime, BDD is carrying on his pirate silver conversation over on the swamp gold thread. He has now discovered the details of the "backhoe boyz" who dug up the wire coil at 5' at Rocky Bluff. Of course, as any good dowser would say, they missed the spot by a few feet. Dowsers usually use one of the following excuses:
1) you didn't dig deep enough
2) you missed it by a few feet
3) it was there but it must of been dug up already
4) something interfered with the signal
5) now where did I leave my mule's tooth?

And over on the PA thread, talk is of medieval bears and other blah, blah, blah.

ECS

Banned
Mar 26, 2012
Ocala,Florida
Primary Interest:
Other
In the meantime, BDD is carrying on his pirate silver conversation over on the swamp gold thread. He has now discovered the details of the "backhoe boyz" who dug up the wire coil at 5' at Rocky Bluff. Of course, as any good dowser would say, they missed the spot by a few feet. Dowsers usually use one of the following excuses:
1) you didn't dig deep enough
2) you missed it by a few feet
3) it was there but it must of been dug up already
4) something interfered with the signal
5) now where did I leave my mule's tooth?
60 years from now,someone will read that old newspaper article from 2012,and a new treasure legend is born.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello BDD

So I guess that you chose excuse no. 2 - didn't dig deep enough.

I would hardly put a spot under the bridge in the same league as the Oak Island saga.

You are always stating that only you are willing to dig a target yet here you have a location that by your own admission has had two other groups dig without success. The "pirate" says nothing is there and you claim it is. Why don't you end the rhetoric and dig until the signal stops or drill it as you have suggested? Apparently the highway dept. doesn't care.

Or are you saving this target for an episode of "See Dog Dig"?

V

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Wait a minute. Dog originally said the pirate chest was under a layer of limestone. That must be why the
digging stopped. The problem Dog has is blasting into solid limestone would be considered felonious
assault on a bridge. Dog could get years in the slammer for buckling a major artery, and they might
even throw in the desecration of Indian burial grounds to boot. Ovid did Dog no favor in filling his head
with silly pirate yarns. Shame on him.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well Dog has certainly given Ovid a bit of immortality in return for all of the yarns.

You are right about the limestone shelf. From the original story I envisioned a slope down to the river where you would attack the dig from the side slope. Maybe that's where it is but Dog couldn't get the truck in the secret spot. Maybe in the trees in the backround? Only Dog, Ovid, Backhoe Boyz and Pirates know for sure.

Back to the subject of the PA blah blah thread, I checked out the Sepaman wordpress blog and things seem to be heating up on the comments. Apparently it has spilled over to RL info and someone is not happy. On the other hand, looks like its time for a picnic. :sunny:

V

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Hello BDD

So I guess that you chose excuse no. 2 - didn't dig deep enough.

I would hardly put a spot under the bridge in the same league as the Oak Island saga.

You are always stating that only you are willing to dig a target yet here you have a location that by your own admission has had two other groups dig without success. The "pirate" says nothing is there and you claim it is. Why don't you end the rhetoric and dig until the signal stops or drill it as you have suggested? Apparently the highway dept. doesn't care.

Or are you saving this target for an episode of "See Dog Dig"?

V

I am not making any excuses. I have never dug at this site. I have not metal detected. I have not ran an LRL. I have not drilled. I was ignoring this site until on the spur of the moment I took some pirates to it. They wanted to dig it up, I wanted to get permission. Permission has so far been denied.

I was not attempting to put this spot in the "same league" although the Oak Island spot started as a simple hole in the ground. I was just using it as an example because so many people have scoffed at my saying that pirate treasure could be buried pretty deep.

I am planning on using the treasure show and my connections to get an archaeologist to work with me to get the permit to dig. It will be an episode for the show. I have known about this spot for over 26 years. I am patient and persistent.

Last edited:

Bigdogdad

Bronze Member
Mar 5, 2012
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Wait a minute. Dog originally said the pirate chest was under a layer of limestone. That must be why the
digging stopped. The problem Dog has is blasting into solid limestone would be considered felonious
assault on a bridge. Dog could get years in the slammer for buckling a major artery, and they might
even throw in the desecration of Indian burial grounds to boot. Ovid did Dog no favor in filling his head
with silly pirate yarns. Shame on him.

I won't know for sure if it is under a layer of limestone until I dig, which I have not done yet.
There is no burial mound!

Ovid did not fill my head about this site with "silly pirate yarns". This was a "drive by" dowsing episode. He was in the passenger seat as we drove down the highway. I knew about the old pirate camp and when we were getting close I asked him to take out his pendulum to see if he got any readings. I did not point him in any direction or say anything. As we passed by he pointed towards the river. It was almost dark. I brought him back the next day and he walked over and pinpointed the spot. It is smack dab in the middle of an old pirate camp.

I am not one of the dowsers. I am not the researcher. I am not one of the LRL guys. I am not one of the archaeologists. They all say it could be there. I connect the dots. I have some proven psychic abilities. I try to get permission from land owners or caretakers. When I can, I dig. Experience and research has taught me that it is usually DEEPER THAN YOU THINK.

Last edited:

lastleg

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2008
Maybe someday Florida will re-route that highway leaving the pirate camp deserted. Then you can
bring in the heavy equipment.

Moonrover

Jul 17, 2012
Cambridge, MA
Primary Interest:
Other

Back to the subject of the PA blah blah thread, I checked out the Sepaman wordpress blog and things seem to be heating up on the comments. Apparently it has spilled over to RL info and someone is not happy. On the other hand, looks like its time for a picnic. :sunny:

V

But now those Wordpress comments are closed. What's with that? Is the Bradford Fable Forest now safe for picnics? Joggers and cruising guys can feel safe once again. Don't you miss the old days when the Big Dipper was pouring water on Lamplighter Village, and a guy dressed in a blue turban danced by torchlight?

Grandpa down in Naples probably got a kick out of the wandering yarn.

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
But now those Wordpress comments are closed. What's with that? Is the Bradford Fable Forest now safe for picnics? Joggers and cruising guys can feel safe once again. Don't you miss the old days when the Big Dipper was pouring water on Lamplighter Village, and a guy dressed in a blue turban danced by torchlight?

Grandpa down in Naples probably got a kick out of the wandering yarn.

Well I just checked and the reason the comments are closed is because there is a new post to go to. A nice 4th of July picnic invitation. I'm not sure but I think that I am mentioned in the schedule of events. And I didn't even know that I was attending. Maybe it is someone else that goes by the initial V. Looks like Fly is doing a flyover so you may want to stay clear of the area.

BTW, the dipper was pouring into the pool.

V

Looks like Sonny and Gpa are both revealed from what I read in the photos. That should make it a lot easier for those still in the hunt.

Last edited:

BVI Hunter

Bronze Member
Apr 8, 2013
VIRGIN ISLANDS
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250
AT Pro
SEA HUNTER 2
Garrett Pro Pointer
Ghost Amphibian Headphones
Vibra Probe 580
Vibra Tector 730
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
What about the BEARS!!!?? :laughing7:

Lafitte Deux

Jan 19, 2012
Western NC
Detector(s) used
Garrett's
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Against my better judgement, I checked in on the SEPA treasure thread.
Berserkers? Saxons? Bears? Oh my!
I also enjoyed the links to serious "incidents" in the local papers. What do car prowls and long grass have to do with anything?
Were the berserk saxon-bears breaking into cars? Or had they refused to mow their lawns?
I'm so confused.....

OP
OP
vor

vor

Bronze Member
Jun 8, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As usual: long silence followed by a wordpress blog post followed by the TN thread posts of sepa followed by a post by "manbat". Then wait and repeat sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread