THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Simon,

Us Canucks have some very good snipers if you can keep us sober long enough to take the shot....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

==========

Ha ha ha Sis.

Remember to adjust for wind, elevation, humidity, earth's rotation, spin drift.......... Your last barrage was found a state east and then south of me.

Just found this :

The Canadian military confirmed this week that a sniper with Canada’s elite special forces crushed the world record for the longest-known kill shot. The unnamed shooter hit and killed his target in Iraq at the staggering range of 3,540 metres—more than a kilometre further than last record set in 2009 by British sniper Craig Harrison in Afghanistan.

That is 2.199654 miles ! I need him, ( or her ), on my team :icon_thumright:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim/Bart,

I just checked the kitco montreal buy back prices on the 32 grams and just averaged the 3 karats and you're looking at just a tad shy of $1,000 u.s. not bad for a single detecting outing.

I just have to say one thing when it comes to finding a gold ring (or any ring )
Let them be all from a sausage fingered individual.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Day before yesterday I said to the Mrs when i walked in after the rock moving day, that I did my dues.
Last night when I walked in after 8pm she said: " I thought you said..." :laughing7:

I'm not sue what happened but I was nackered after doing the 12hr day.

Had another 3 trees taken down in the back lane area. 1 big Birch that was dangerously tall and dead, another that had snapped in half last winter.
The big one was a 80ft Red Oak that stuck out into the lane, added character to the laneway but a pain in the arse for plowing snow and just having to go around it a bit.
It got a frost crack a couple of winters back on the lower trunk, then another at the first Y of the tree. So we had a meeting of minds and the tree is now going to be made into saw logs. and firewood for the evaporator.
Took out the stump and root ball-which left a crater in the laneway-which had to be refilled.
The operator of the 20ton excavator knocked most of the dirt off, then walked the stump up to the stump dump.
When he extended the boom the excavator tipped forward bringing the rear of the tracks off the ground 3ft in the air. Heavy stump!

Cut down the driveway/parking (pit run)gravel level-so a total of 5 loads were removed from the area-5/8" crushed limestone will replace it.
We figure to redo the driveway/yard/back lane/topping of shop yard lot we will need 10 loads of 5/8" crushed, 4 loads of pit run at shop for base (after yesterdays grading) and two loads of screened topsoil for the new garden beds.
18ton per load.
Going to mortgage the pets.

Today is filling the cut tile void, clay pond, blue clay pile......
More chain saw work as there's another 3/4 trees
Then the 20 ton can be floated out, and it'll be then the smaller excavator finishing up.

Gee the poor pets will have 2nd written on them

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Day before yesterday I said to the Mrs when i walked in after the rock moving day, that I did my dues.
Last night when I walked in after 8pm she said: " I thought you said..." :laughing7:

I'm not sue what happened but I was nackered after doing the 12hr day.

Had another 3 trees taken down in the back lane area. 1 big Birch that was dangerously tall and dead, another that had snapped in half last winter.
The big one was a 80ft Red Oak that stuck out into the lane, added character to the laneway but a pain in the arse for plowing snow and just having to go around it a bit.
It got a frost crack a couple of winters back on the lower trunk, then another at the first Y of the tree. So we had a meeting of minds and the tree is now going to be made into saw logs. and firewood for the evaporator.
Took out the stump and root ball-which left a crater in the laneway-which had to be refilled.
The operator of the 20ton excavator knocked most of the dirt off, then walked the stump up to the stump dump.
When he extended the boom the excavator tipped forward bringing the rear of the tracks off the ground 3ft in the air. Heavy stump!

Cut down the driveway/parking (pit run)gravel level-so a total of 5 loads were removed from the area-5/8" crushed limestone will replace it.
We figure to redo the driveway/yard/back lane/topping of shop yard lot we will need 10 loads of 5/8" crushed, 4 loads of pit run at shop for base (after yesterdays grading) and two loads of screened topsoil for the new garden beds.
18ton per load.
Going to mortgage the pets.

Today is filling the cut tile void, clay pond, blue clay pile......
More chain saw work as there's another 3/4 trees
Then the 20 ton can be floated out, and it'll be then the smaller excavator finishing up.

Gee the poor pets will have 2nd written on them

Talk about a 'Busy Beaver' Jim... you're more like the 'Energizer Bunny' who never runs out of battery power! :laughing7:

I look forward to seeing the result of your efforts one day.

Attachments

• keep_all_canadians_busy_beaver_ww1_propaganda_poster-r1659b98868e24d5c8e94b2bd988acc01_08tpf_8by.jpg
    keep_all_canadians_busy_beaver_ww1_propaganda_poster-r1659b98868e24d5c8e94b2bd988acc01_08tpf_8by.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning!

Wow, been a few days. I've been super busy. A lot of work, a lot of driving, and yesterday, I was promoted to full time Moderator on Arrowheads.com. And yesterday I found this neat lil' guy from the 1930s in a flea market.

DSC_0297.jpg

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Anti... Bill... TC... Rusty.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning!

Wow, been a few days. I've been super busy. A lot of work, a lot of driving, and yesterday, I was promoted to full time Moderator on Arrowheads.com. And yesterday I found this neat lil' guy from the 1930s in a flea market.

Congrats on your promotion to Moderator Rusty... does it come with a big pay increase? :laughing7:
Just kidding, we volunteer because we're passionate about our hobbies!

Nice poison bottle find too. :thumbsup:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Rusty,

Good morning and congratulations on being upped to moderator I think? I've been at it for 9 years now on the Canadian forum. Not many people step forward for non paying jobs......:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD,

Well you could just chop up the veggies and do a big stir fry and leave him a care package of what's leftover.
Hah! I came up with the stir fry idea before you posted it! See? See? You have unleashed a monster! Olive oil, 3 small potatoes that needed to be cooked before they rotted, yellow squash, leftover red and green pepper and onion and parsley from the meatloaf recipe, some garlic. Mighty good. Also sliced up a couple of cucumbers hoping to get rid of. Come to find out that Dad hates them. So, real quick after dinner, rice vinegar, sugar, salt, cukes, and more leftover onion in a bowl and will have that tonight. Now, I don't like that dish, but MR WD does. We will see if it turns out to his satisfactory. I got to run to the store this morn and get garlic and I will be making garlic infused oil to use on halibut tonight. With the halibut, let filets with oil on them for 15 minutes, stirring slightly to make sure they are lightly coated. Lay fillets on cooking sheet with holes. Sprinkle with garlic salt. Stir up some orange marmalade and spread spoonfuls over the top side of the fish. Grill until fish starts to flake or separate. Remove from grill. Add more marmalade if desired and sprinkle some sea salt. Sprinkle freshly chopped chives on top just before serving.

Monster I tell ya! A monster!

Now, Antiquarian needs to bring out the housekeeper in me. :laughing9:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning :hello:.....must be coffee thirty !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread