THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well....everyone likes a vacation to the keys, and I've got to meet and hunt With some great...and not so great t-net people over the past few years. I've got pms stacking up with people who want to meet up and hunt when there here. I wonder...if I could start a metal detecting guide service. You call and book a charter...we take you out in the boat and show you a galleon wreck (weather permitting) then we go inshore and hunt the popular sand bars up and down the keys. We show you the ins and outs of water hunting with snorkel gear. Haven't worked out the details...but alot of people ask me about this kind of charter. Right now I'm just showing people this stuff for free. It would be nice to make a day wage from these trips....then it doesn't feel so bad when your guest leaves with the gold ring you were supposed to find !!

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well....everyone likes a vacation to the keys, and I've got to meet and hunt With some great...and not so great t-net people over the past few years. I've got pms stacking up with people who want to meet up and hunt when there here. I wonder...if I could start a metal detecting guide service. You call and book a charter...we take you out in the boat and show you a galleon wreck (weather permitting) then we go inshore and hunt the popular sand bars up and down the keys. We show you the ins and outs of water hunting with snorkel gear. Haven't worked out the details...but alot of people ask me about this kind of charter. Right now I'm just showing people this stuff for free. It would be nice to make a day wage from these trips....then it doesn't feel so bad when your guest leaves with the gold ring you were supposed to find !!

I think that would be an incredible money making business idea Bart! :hello2:

You could run single day, three day or even five day adventures.
Maybe just limit it to beach or waist-high water hunts though, otherwise I'd be concerned about the insurance to cover anything involving scuba diving.
I wonder if there's anyone offering this now, if not you could probably charge any amount you want. :thumbsup:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Got this from the treasure machine/coin star. I met the coinstar queen yesterday. She works at the counter in publix. I said I think I got a silver one...she says let me see. Before she had it in her hand she said yup thats silver. Then she showed me a picture of a large Tupperware container filled with silver !! All collected at her job !! She had a guy come in for cigarettes the other day and pay for 2 cartons with all silver money. She made him aware but he wanted the cigarettes more than the silver and she got a mountain of silver. I like her she's cool and I'm glad I know her now.
20200817_182102.jpg

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Maybe just limit it to beach or waist-high water hunts though, otherwise I'd be concerned about the insurance to cover anything involving scuba diving.
I wonder if there's anyone offering this now, if not you could probably charge any amount you want. :thumbsup:

Dave I think your right....would have to have insurance which is a common requirement. Snorkeling does add a extra amount of danger. Good advice dave...thanks. don't want to be sued....or have someone drown.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Well you know that you can drown in 2" of water. :laughing7:

Please sign on the bottom line....................That you assume all risks in the following.......................Incorporate.................Register the # company off shore.................Arms length..................

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I could put something in small print that says all gold finds are subject to confiscation by black bart treasure corp. Real real fine pirate print !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just look it up on YouTube. It's from Monty Python and the Quest for the Holy Grail. It's hilarious.

Ahhhh....the "Holy Grail"!

Such memories!

"..... I fart in your general direction!

Donnez-moi la vache!" :tongue3:

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
morning whadi !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Tnet "birthday" is tomorrow.

Sheesh doesn't seem like 6 years as a member.,, was frequenting this site since the beginning of it in mid to late 90's... I think it was registered in 95.

Which I started online in 95 with Windows95... on a 14k modem... and I was "cutting edge" in computer tech :) heh

Happy birthday!
If it helps any, I started with a Commodore VIC-20. :tongue3: and played on an original "Pong". :dontknow:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Morning bart and WHADIFIND.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I like it... I think its a great idea... and if you FINALLY become a Charter Member here you can advertise here which I cannot think of any better place.

You might be surprised Bart.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!

Gorgeous weather.
A wobbly breeze trying to be Easterly, but rain chance is low.
Not too sure of the forecast other than dry , for what little that means.
Dew on the ground. Hinting a dry majority of the day anyways.

You Florida and South folks ought to be headin North before a blow.

Bart: , for a small fee I could take you to a nearby pounded park up here to hunt rings while you wait out the weather. No fine print needed.:evil5:
Lousy hunting , but no storm surge....
ARRC could inventory and curate pull tabs and string them on a necklace cord for the money shot...:laughing7:

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bart,

Yep like Jim says go to the expense of getting incorporated if you give it a go...that way if you get your A*S sued they can't go after more than the value of what's in the company. Personal assets would be arms length from any liability.

Well you know that you can drown in 2" of water. :laughing7:

Please sign on the bottom line....................That you assume all risks in the following.......................Incorporate.................Register the # company off shore.................Arms length..................

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread