THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

:hello::coffee2::headbang: good morning fellow coffee drinkers !! I think I'm down to "morning blend" always thought that meant WEAK !!

Ok... so this is what I always say about hurricanes and why I may appear a bit "paranoid"...

The new advisory has now changed everything...

It is now changed... and headed right for us.

Wish us luck.

090100_5day_cone_no_line_and_wind.png

That doesn't look great ARC, time to secure the BBQ.

Folks... this could get worse by the hour for us...

And the thing that now is and always in my mind has been the worst case scenario fear is... we only have hours...

these past few days of bad predictions and complacency by a multitude of sources are now going to possibly have a heavy price.

It will now be an all out scramble mixed with some panic.

Picture several million people all doing the same thing at once and you will get the picture.

Good morning Bart.

Unfortunately, I found very little yesterday, I plan on heading out again this afternoon after the rain passes.
Hope your clean-up is going well. :thumbsup:

Years ago, our neighbour had six cats and they used to drive us crazy by always crapping in our backyard, our daughter was was a toddler back then and we were worried about her getting sick.
This ended when I suggested that I may have to put out traps to reduce the local raccoon population.

The unwritten rule in our area is, "any raccoons released 5kms away on the southside of the Trans-Canada Hwy. never make it back". :laughing7:

Folks... this could get worse by the hour for us...

And the thing that now is and always in my mind has been the worst case scenario fear is... we only have hours...

these past few days of bad predictions and complacency by a multitude of sources are now going to possibly have a heavy price.

It will now be an all out scramble mixed with some panic.

Picture several million people all doing the same thing at once and you will get the picture.

Let's all hope this doesn't happen to you guys in Florida ARC.:thumbsup:

I was thinking, there's no risk of hurricane's here in Ontario.
But there's nothing quite like a 2-day long snow storm in November to make you appreciate putting on the winter tires early. :laughing7:

Let's all hope this doesn't happen to you guys in Florida ARC.:thumbsup:

I was thinking, there's no risk of hurricane's here in Ontario.
But there's nothing quite like a 2-day long snow storm in November to make you appreciate putting on the winter tires early. :laughing7:

Oh... but Anti... IT IS happening.

Empirical fact.

Come dragging in here. Good morning

I will be signing off soon guys... wish me luck... gotta rip and run for several hours then return to rip and run here... and decide next moves.

Even a Cat 1 will cause extensive damage here... which is 4 miles an hour less than that status now... projected to intensify then decrease.

Now... "they" say that it will decrease slightly before hit... but I wont believe it till I see it.

Must play worse case scenario cards now.

Good morning AARC, pepperj, Dave,bart

In honour of Rememberance Day these are 2 of my favourite metal detecting finds.

WW11 Canadian sterling silver voluntary service medal.

WW11 U.S. Air For sterling wings.

Attachments

• ww11 medal.jpeg
    ww11 medal.jpeg
    5.1 KB · Views: 39
  • resize wings (213x160).jpg
    resize wings (213x160).jpg
    11.8 KB · Views: 44
Morning Rook, Bill

I dug one of those medals in the farmers field a few years back, it's still sitting in the cubby hole in the dash console of the truck.
When I first dug it I could just see the thick rim-I thought at last the silver dollar monkey is getting off my back.
I will take mine out of the dash once again-hold it-reflect at 11am.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back