THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

We have very little, I mean very little snow.
Maybe on a shaded side of something one would see a tiny amount. 99.9% bare.

We dodged a snow bullet. :headbang:
Same here, it's almost all gone. We had a lot but it's been warm and kinda rainy lately. I did a drive by of some of my favorite sites yesterday and I think I'm going to get out for a couple hours tomorrow... that'll be my first time out in almost a month. JUST ONE MORE SILVER FOR THE YEAR. (still hoping for a Spanish)

Same here, it's almost all gone. We had a lot but it's been warm and kinda rainy lately. I did a drive by of some of my favorite sites yesterday and I think I'm going to get out for a couple hours tomorrow... that'll be my first time out in almost a month. JUST ONE MORE SILVER FOR THE YEAR. (still hoping for a Spanish)

Afternoon Noah
Well if you get out the best of luck, getting an old silver would be a nice ending to the season.
Right now I'd settle for a measly worn green disk of a copper.

I gave a ring up to one of my permissions looking for a few bales of straw-no luck-big time shortages out there.

The farmer said: We were just talking about you the other day Jim.
Oh what about? I asked
Farmer: Well my son was going around the back of the buildings towards the Xmas tree plots, with the backhoe. The back tire fell through the earth into a old cellar hole 3 feet down covered with logs. We put tape around the foundation and we were commenting it's about 5' deep x 10' wide, not sure how long. We were all in agreement that you would have no problem crawling down into the hole and having a look.
NO Problem...
Farmer: Well we'll dig it out after you get that container of gold out for us.:laughing7:

How about a if it was just silver?

So it looks like I got a little play coming up, and better check it out.

Afternoon Noah
Well if you get out the best of luck, getting an old silver would be a nice ending to the season.
Right now I'd settle for a measly worn green disk of a copper.
Afternoon, I'd be happy with a copper as well... heck I think I'd even take a crusty Indian.

Noah,

Good luck with the detecting outing if you get a chance post up your finds....

WIF,

Neat find on the eagle item as I mentioned on the finds thread maybe just a soak in warm water. It looks to fragile to give it the heavy duty treatment.

well ,all play and no work has caught up with me.

Thought I'd just beat the weather and put the plow on the truck.
Fail!

No power to the hand controller needed to power the mounting . And steering once mounted.
Took control apart , looks fine.
Three fuses throughout , fine.

A solenoid I wrote about re wiring connections ends and cleaning terminals on looks like another cleaning is in order.
Of course the nuts wouldn't budge.
Think I started turning the stud on one.

Good thing I waited till the last day before wanting it mounted.....
Knew something was wrong when it only took two attempts to drive the trucks plow carriage into the slots in the plow mounting bracket instead of several or more...L.o.l..

WIF,

Neat find on the eagle item as I mentioned on the finds thread maybe just a soak in warm water. It looks to fragile to give it the heavy duty treatment.

Apparently, it is a Civil War breastplate. Not sure if I should clean.

Noah,

Good luck with the detecting outing if you get a chance post up your finds....
Certainly Bill! If... err... when, I find the goodies I'll post some pics! My single previous visit was pretty successful (still haven't posted it though) and it's a HUGE farm so I've got a lot of land to cover.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back