THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Morning bill Dave. Pepper and AARC

♪♪ Good Morning ♪♪

Alberta Clipper 8-)
Antiquarian :icon_study:
ARC :blackbeard:
Bart :piratehand:
Bill :coffee2:
boatlode >:D
Duckshot :duckie:
ECS :skullflag:
Fat :fish:
GAP :cup:

GB1 :icon_pirat:
Mckaydon :sunny:

MsBeep :metaldetector:
Noah :happy3:

Oregon Viking :drunken_smilie:
PepperJ :boots:
releventchair :icon_jokercolor:
Rook :usflag:
RTR :goldpan:
Rusty :alien:
SD51 :happy2:

toecutter :dog:
Tom :toothy1:
Whadi :find:

And all you others! :lurk:

WD,

Your greetings kind of reminds me of an Academy Awards acceptance speech. First off I'd like to thank my kindergarden teacher and goes on to mention everyone they've ever met in their entire life.....sorry it was just to tempting.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Hey I got a bearded guy !

Which is fumnny... I never had OR would have a beard.

Mainly because I cant stand em... cant have hairy neck arrgggg

Go tee yes... beard never. :P

Out with the old in with the new. I just bought my most expensive item yet, and today and tomorrow I'll be listing new stuff on ebay to get my money back, lol! I'm such a cheapskate. :laughing7:

IMG_2272 (1).jpg

This is an original Luftwaffe helmet in the rare, super small size 60 helmet size. These were specially made for the kids who served in the flak crews that Germany set up in cities, airfields and important military target areas. Yes, I said kids. They would sometimes be as young as ten years old, though more commonly in the 15-17 age range. These kids would overwhelmingly volunteer in the beginning stages of the war, but near 1944-45, they would be pressed unwillingly into service.

This helmet is an M40 model, and the lot number indicates that it was made in 1942. It was captured by an American soldier, but no location was given as to where it was captured from. It doesn't have a liner, but I will find an original one to go with it sometime later.

797aee10207b35ea72e2ad0e1b5d4c75.jpg

Group of kids in charge of an 88mm flak gun in France. I can't even be left in charge of of a nerf gun.

i8i3fti2cnq21.png

Luftwaffe AA crew testing the MG15 at an airfield.

4.bp_.blogspot.comhans-georg-henke-5-31f2d8e369adaadb669644705aebae1191766671.jpg

The wars most famous flak soldier, Hans Georg Hanke, pictured just after American forces overran his position. Hans' father died in 1938 before the war, and his mother was killed in 1944. He joined the Luftwaffe at the age of 15, just to have a place to go.

Last edited:

Surely cap, you've seen the likes of J.E.B. Stuart? John Bell Gordon? James Longstreet? Nothing wrong with those beards now isn't there? :laughing7:

You left out the ear/nose hairs.

After a rum night the tongue hair isn't a good morning feeling.

RustyRelics
Pretty cool helmet for sale. Is that artillery piece also for sale :)

Well, I was gonna give you the :drunken_smilie:. But you're the Cap'n and that was the only Cap'n-like emoji I seen. I could have given you :whip2: or :director: or:munky2:.

Hehehehe

I am as hairless as possible. :)

NO... I don't shave arms and legs... but everything else is game.

Well, I was gonna give you the :drunken_smilie:. But you're the Cap'n and that was the only Cap'n-like emoji I seen. I could have given you :whip2: or :director: or:munky2:.

Hehehehe

Pretty cool what you did a few posts back w/the emoji's :):occasion14:

I am as hairless as possible. :)

NO... I don't shave arms and legs... but everything else is game.

OH MY! Capt. does armpits ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back