THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Morning every "one" of you AARC! And the rest of my shipmates when once you roll in.

Morning AARC, Pete, and all that will be.

Morning folks.

Morning so far to AARC Pete Pepper

Good morning to the whole crew.

Morning bill

Morning peeps.

To infinity! And beyond! Remember? :dontknow:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all!
Whew on the snow shoveling.
Can't say I'm bored....

Rusty , if you see your age as a detriment , others will too.
You project an insecurity or similar , it'll get picked up on.

Paperwork. Computer work. If it is an area you dislike , keep in mind , you do what you don't like in order to do what you do like.
I've long done the hardest work first. Allowing ease doing the rest.

I applied for a position in an industry where they had a job below my (meager) skill set.
When personnel asked why I'd consider such a position I said , I want to get my foot in the door as I'm looking to work here. One way or another. If you won't offer me a door , I'll settle for a window.
Shortly after they offered me a job more suited to my experience. I might have been better off never working there....But hey , I wanted to.

You get a foot in the door with the R.R. or a very closely related field you begin gaining knowledge ,experience, and longer whiskers in the/a field.
Keep networking like you are. But get your face involved in meeting other related people too.
Know your and thier subject(s). Thier missions and histories.
That tells your interest is sincere.

Here's another tune us kids sang in school.
You might not want to sing it going in and out of interviews though..

I was contemplating my Grandfather the other day.
I never knew him to live where he didn't have a short walk to a rail line.
His last home it was in the back yard.
He rode the rails (and maybe the "rods" too) during the depression hustling work. Part of that culture and it's habits never left him. Including the language.

Last edited:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Therein lies the problem. I am good at my school work, but the act of sitting down and doing paperwork drives me insane. I don't think I would last long at any kind of job that requires that.

Granted, when I am a conductor, I will be sitting down doing some paperwork, but I'll be in a moving locomotive going across the country while doing so. Before and after that, I'll be very physically active inspecting the train, coupling air hoses, and walking up to two miles either way to make sure the train is in good order. I just can't bear the thought of sitting in an office.

A simple advice. Use what you will and just throw the rest of it away.

Be *VERY* careful, of what you *TELL* yourself you can't do!
Sometimes you actually convince yourself and cause yourself *much* harm.

That's it.

When I was trying for my first job, an eon ago, I tried to argue. "If you won't give me a job, how will I ever *HAVE* any experience to get one!?!?"

I was told, "That's *not* my problem. That's the problem of *ALL* new job seekers. Once they figure out that problem...they'll be ready to be hired."

Good luck on your beginning of adulthood.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just cleaned up plowing this mornings snow. I set the trip on the truck and it takes 4 miles to do all the plowing.
No wonder I like the truck instead of the ATV/snow blower/Tractor......
Windy as heck out there, limbs raining down on the trails and in the yard. Must be a front pushing through again.

Well I better get the rest of the orders scratched of the honey due list...... Simple tasks, more gopher than anything.

Have to get a few things for the next stage of painting in the house.
Note to all: Renovations are great if one doesn't live in the house while one is trying to accomplish the task at hand.
It sucks big time, and we should of just bit the bullet, and moved out-but the but list outweighed common sense. Oh well-:dontknow:

Noah_D

Bronze Member
Dec 14, 2017
Illinois (prev. NE Ohio)
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Simplex+, Garrett ACE 300, Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I got tired of sitting inside and decided I would go out to the creek and see if I could spot a point or something... that didn't last long. Cold and gloves that aren't waterproof don't mix well.
IMG_4006.JPG
I did end up bringing a couple buckets partially full of rocks back to the house so I'll see if I can pick out some debitage or something. The guy who owns the land about 200-300 yards away from where I was looking says his son used to find pieces of flint and broken points out there so I'm very hopeful something will turn up eventually. I think it would be pretty neat to find an artifact several hundred or even thousands of years old in my back yard ya know?

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Bart,
I apologize for the gunk on the 1992 Seattle World's Fair Token. I am confident you will know how to clean it off. :hello:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Say what....where is it....I don't see a world's fair token ??

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
On the menu tonight Greek style shrimp, a side of rice and shortly I'll be whipping up a salad with artichokes, clementines and some black olives to compliment the main dish.

I might be in the cold north but I can still eat mediterranean style.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Arthur Christopher Orme Plummer R.I.P :sadsanta:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good afternoon folks it been so nice today we’ve been outdoors with Sadie. See y’all in the AM

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just received another book this time on making vinegar. I figure with all the brewing and fermenting I do might as well add another option to the list.

https://www.amazon.ca/Artisanal-Vin...=making+vinegar&qid=1612564161&s=books&sr=1-2

Ok you ordered this book-When a while ago I offered you cook books-which probably includes anything and everything on most topics.
Now I feel like going and looking through the 900 books to see if this one was there.:laughing7: (Just kidding on the feel like it)

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor and Galice Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Any one 'round here know anyone in Hollywood? Local motel right.... literally.... right on the beach a film crew rented 40 rooms for 2 weeks. There are being VERY quite. Small town I guess long range lens? We have some of the most beautiful wilderness in the USA. 957,590 acres. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Six_Rivers_National_Forest
There is also an animal wrangler going to be there. Hmmmm. Zion pictures we think.

Well being sneaky I drove the Firebird around the parking lot ( I know the management) and what do you know....A guy asked about the car...it's nothing fancy but still... and we struck up a conversation. He happens to be a cameraman. Movie is called 65. He said I'm not allowed to say anything else. Hmmmmm. So, the only reason to be filming in this small town is the gorgeous wilderness, or the stunning coast line. I guess I will have to "hope" I see them filming something? :icon_scratch: And try to figure out the movie plot.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh wow....now I know what ya mean....my wife said there was treasure at the brewery!!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wooo hooo treasure from the RCT crew.....arrrrgh...much obliged WD !! Im buying the rum punch !! I will send my pirate son down to pick it up tomorrow.....I have to fish. Can't wait to see it. Is mr WD still here ??

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Wooo hooo treasure from the RCT crew.....arrrrgh...much obliged WD !! Im buying the rum punch !! I will send my pirate son down to pick it up tomorrow.....I have to fish. Can't wait to see it. Is mr WD still here ??

Yes. They have a charter trip for tomorrow.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• ARC