THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

For the heck of it!

I took my wife, 8yo daughter, and mother in law to a Sha Naa Naa concert at the Jacksonville Civic Auditorium in the very early '80's. They put on on great show.
The very mismatched support act were THE POODLES , a British newwave powerpop act that were very good, but not appreciated by that audience. The had one minor single, "CHEYRL".

Last edited:
WIF,

Organic means not grown with chemical fertilizers, pesticides, etc....in other words just using compost and manures to help them along.

GMO, highbred, synthetic fertilizers and harsh pesticides.
PHP:

Ahhh.....I see! Said the blind man, just before he fell in the ditch!

Plants growing *everywhere*....and now? They're just waiting for man....to come and "help them along".

Manure....compost.....they have no chemicals......is there a spot on the entire earth that has not seen pesticide? Every single "harsh chemical" known to man ....came from the earth. And *it* has been working ever since...to rid itself of the viral infection called .......human.

Eat natural, exercise, don't over do *anything* and...........................*die*.......anyway! :icon_scratch: :dontknow:

Where's my rum?!

I took my wife, 8yo daughter, and mother in law to a Sha Naa Naa concert at the Jacksonville Civic Auditorium in the very early '80's. They put on on great show.
The very mismatched support act were THE POODLES , a British newwave powerpop act that were very good, but not appreciated by that audience. The had one minor single, "CHEYRL".

Is this it?

Good morning RCT

Morning Rook and the rest of the crew.

Morning WD, Rook

My original greetings didn't post. My "like" aren't registering. And I keep getting error and page time outs! ARGH!

♪♪ Good Morning, ARC, Rook, Pepperj! (This is the 3rd time I have tried to post me greetings!)

Good morning folks....nice to finally reach the weekend !!

Had a long battle with some teak deck boards. Seems there is no teak available right now. Had to drive to key wierd...I mean key west. 5 years ago I found 200 teak 2x4s washed up in the mangroves...I sold them to a boat builder down there. Had to go and buy one back. Got a 12 footer, and then had to stand it on edge and rip it length wise on a bandsaw. Not an easy feat. Then had to plane and shape the boards to fit. Im so sick of this 112 foot yacht....had the entire crew walk off and quit again....convincing the boss to sell this thing...its bleeding us dry of money, time, and the fun factor is not there. IMG_2540.jpgIMG_2541.jpgIMG_2544.jpg20210305_155333.jpg

Spring is in the air boys !! Clean crisp mornings here. Yesterday was a perfect weather day...absolutely gorgeous !! A bit chilly with the windows open...birds chirping, morning doves cooing....so blessed to sip coffee in paradise on mornings like this......and I don't even have an ocean view ! Should be another good one today....woooo hoooo !!

Morning AARC , bill , bart , pepper and Fat.

Bart... that teak deck looks bad... way too dried out... exposed... and almost at the point of badness.

No offense... but that deck needs sealing immediately.

Nice deck but very neglected.

Bart... that teak deck looks bad... way too dried out... exposed... and almost at the point of badness.

No offense... but that deck needs sealing immediately.

Nice deck but very neglected.

Im working on it....its lost a lot of meat....she's weathered...had to replace all the boards around the hatch.....one more sanding and then sell the boat and let someone else re deck it. I feel for the guy thats gonna try and rip out my new boards....they're in there good now !!

Im working on it....its lost a lot of meat....she's weathered...had to replace all the boards around the hatch.....one more sanding and then sell the boat and let someone else re deck it. I feel for the guy thats gonna try and rip out my new boards....they're in there good now !!

Well if i ever make it down you can put me to work...

and i work hard and know boats like the back of my hand... from topside to bottom... BUT... I AM NOT a mechanic... hate grease and oil. :P

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back