What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

It is amazing! I am glad you have a place for it.
Thanks WD
I guess after unloading 2 trailers of complete sh** show.
It was amazing that anything survived.
Loaded in a fashion that one would question the grey matter of some.
After doing 6 weeks of spare time free labour helping clean this SS up I realized that I walked into a thankless heartache. Can't fix what's broken in life sometimes.
Now these trailers all 101ft of crammed in stuff like this photo shows was the work of a person who quoted:
Must of been the truck driver and the rocking of the trailer. "
That right there told me " Can't fix broken ":laughing7:
I was just happy to see the end wall of that trailer.
20190604_090015.webp
20190604_090000.webp
 
Last edited:
pepperj
Those pix. look like something from the 'Walking Dead' last night
 
Morning Fat... RR... RTR.. Bill.
 
Morning crew coming on.
 
Morning Bart.
 
Jim,

We've got an under the counter halogen light fixture. The transformer is burnt out I tracked down the model we need for 3-20w bulbs it costs $19.95 my wife wanted to hire an electrician. I figure why pay $100 or so for the visit and minimum fee.

Heck it shouldn't be more than a 30 minute job....$200 per hour net of taxes is way more than I've ever made during my career I'll do it myself.

I'll tell her to spend that $100 on some gourmet food items and we can treat ourselves to several upscale suppers.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

I heard a bit of "Why not hire a plumber?"

Stubbernness is a fault/quality
 
Well I need to start filling out the cutting sheets for the next 2 steers going into get done on Wed.

Have a request for all the organ meats, cheeks, tails, already-thinking I'm going to have some Angus tail soup down the road someday soon. (similar to Ox tail I'm told):dontknow:

Now we have been asked by a few folks for the cheeks-quite a cheeky request-which end would that be now?:laughing7:

The last steer steaks were cut at 1 1/4" thick-just had the T Bone so far. It was a meal to deal with, each steak weighs in a 1+ lbs.
(Need to hear from all the steak loving pirates out there)

Grass-fed beef is awesome, but hard to get some folks to turn the heat down when cooking up the meat.
I tell them the hamburger is 8-10% at most for fat-lean meat. Not raised on corn/silage feed to have fat. Not injected with water.

If you want stockers go to box store-these boys have 600 acres of land to roam around on and are fed 1st/2nd cut off my field this winter.

Hard to convince some that slow growing grass fed is better tasting-oh well it comes down to price.
Some folks value the $$$ and will put the cheapest grub down the pie hole-then wonder why things don't look/feel right when looking in the mirror.

It's kind of like the person that was saying "they wish they could afford to buy food"-while butt starting the next cancer stick hanging from the orange tinted fingers.:tongue3:
 
You know who is always saying it is a fault to be stubborn? - people that never finish anything.

I had a saying while I was running the company.

"BUY IT-buy it installed" I lived by that as I had little time or energy to be doing the list as well. (80-100hrs a week for 13 yrs)

Now I pride my self on this fault-90-95% finishing a job type of guy. Ask me why you'll get a simple :dontknow:

Maybe I never want to say good bye to things in life.-Beats me up sometimes wrestling with those habits..........
 
Jim,

We've got an under the counter halogen light fixture. The transformer is burnt out I tracked down the model we need for 3-20w bulbs it costs $19.95 my wife wanted to hire an electrician. I figure why pay $100 or so for the visit and minimum fee.

Heck it shouldn't be more than a 30 minute job....$200 per hour net of taxes is way more than I've ever made during my career I'll do it myself.

I'll tell her to spend that $100 on some gourmet food items and we can treat ourselves to several upscale suppers.....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

The billing time for contractors is well known in my life it seems.
The building of the island home was a painful when one thought about what time/$$$ was all about.
One mid-morning I walked out onto the roadside from the house and counted the trucks-14 contractors were doing the do...I heard the continuous chores of "Jim" being yelled out "What do you want to do here/with this"
Now I didn't care about the contractors that had set a quoted price on the job-it was per hour ones that needed tending to.
Ok guys it's really nice that you worked together a decade ago, but I'm thinking at $3.00 a minute for the 3 of you BSing isn't benefiting me at all.

I love it when I buy the materials, and paying the labour-and some believe they're doing us the favour.

Kind of tired of having the plumbing butt'ers in and around our home.
 
I hired a plumber, once. The iron pipes in the house needed replacement so I hired a couple leakers to put in all copper. One of the leakers thought it would be a good idea to install an outside hose bib with an inside shut off but without a bleeder above it. So, when the pipe burst outside the house first winter I replaced the outside bib myself. But, instead of splicing in a bleeder I just drilled a 1/8" hole in an elbow above the shutoff and put a 3" C-clamp on it with a but of neoprene because that's how I get stuff done around here. It's been working fine for twenty years. :laughing7:
 
Thanks for all the posts on construction nightmares :BangHead: We are having one of our bathrooms re-done next month :icon_scratch: You know women :(
 
Last edited:
Thanks for all the posts on construction nightmares :BangHead: We are having one of our bathrooms re-done next month :icon_scratch: You know women :(

SAY!!!!!



Oh, wait a minute. I got the she-shed thing going on. Yep, you’re right. [emoji1787]
 
Roger,

If you have the bathroom redone upscale could be some hefty coin involved. We did ours about 25 years ago and it was $12/15m back them for a piddly 6'X6' room.
 
Tonight's dinner...or some version of it :)
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom