THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Im having a disagreement with a stubborn pelican....these birds can sh.t a quart of the most corrosive crap. It burns paint and stains wood. Hes gonna have to leave !!

Something like a the Comorants? That put out a very thin motar mix of fishy cat food smelly substance? Had them at the marina, sat on top of a tall mast of a sail boat. On a good day it could let fly and cover 3 or 4 boats on either side depending on the windage. Lucky it was down the dock from us and the gel coat never got hit.
I'd be right peeved if I had to deal with it every day.
The sail boat was from France-the guy did the Plant Earth filming from helicopters so he wasn't around a whole lot.
Took a crew 2 days with a power washer to spray the boat clean once-totally disgusting sight/smell.
I think a piece of lead would of been my choice......

Yup...thats it pepper. The digested remains of a fish diet....highly corrosive sh.t !! Can take a couple weeks and several washes to remove....mortar mix is a great description !! Dries hard as stone !!

Im having a disagreement with a stubborn pelican....these birds can sh.t a quart of the most corrosive crap. It burns paint and stains wood. Hes gonna have to leave !!

There was an egret at Northrop Grumman that used to single out my pickup and take a dump on it. Sometimes he would still be sitting on it when I went out to lunch. But even if he wasn't there would be a present waiting for me.

Ya....these pelicans are persistant....they find a spot they like and its hard to get them to give it up !! I love the pelicans... just not on the bow of my boat !!

Jim,

I did have several free train trips during my time in the railway as an employee never as a castaway.

I thought several times to write a book about my foolishness during my misspent youth....then again probably people wouldn't believe some of the foolishness....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Like waking up with one of those sandwich board signs with a flashing yellow light they used at construction sites. I thought it would be a nice touch in the bedroom....:laughing7::laughing7::laughing7:

Mornin all.
Mornin Uncle.

Been re reading a little of Steam Train Maury the Hobo King's book. Some rough stuff at times.

Hey, you guys just remember that not all treasures are found in the ground.
I hope your afternoons are prosperous.

Hey, you guys just remember that not all treasures are found in the ground.
I hope your afternoons are prosperous.

So true that is, I will say that I found my true treasure 32ys ago.

Been working hard at finding a ...(the right)... 2011 Shelby GT-500 coupe .Got tons of feelers out .Had no idea they are in such HIGH demand. As soon as I find one their gone:):(

Roger, Good luck on your quest for the dream car. Gotta to whip up some ingredients for a roasted red pepper casserole to go with our smoked salmon and cream cheese on bagel for supper.

Been working hard at finding a ...(the right)... 2011 Shelby GT-500 coupe .Got tons of feelers out .Had no idea they are in such HIGH demand. As soon as I find one their gone:):(

Considering your $$$ is on the average of 30% more than the Canadian Dollar.
There's 49 of them for sale in Ontario alone-different years and prices that's for sure.
Doesn't hurt to have a look-to compare of what rides are worth up here.
https://usedcars.mitula.ca/ford-shelby-ontario

3rd listing he dropped some $35K into the car

Considering your $$$ is on the average of 30% more than the Canadian Dollar.
There's 49 of them for sale in Ontario alone-different years and prices that's for sure.
Doesn't hurt to have a look-to compare of what rides are worth up here.
https://usedcars.mitula.ca/ford-shelby-ontario

3rd listing he dropped some $35K into the car

Thanks for the help but. No offense I Don't see one 2011 and I want a southern (salt free) car :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back