THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
scan.jpg

A friend of mine sent me an original photo of this German soldier. The back is marked with a photographer from Flensburg, Germany. Judging from how light the helmet is, it is safe to say that he might have been an Afrika Korps soldier. I colorised the photo for the heck of it.

Colorizedh.jpg

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
So my grandmother and I are talking about music yesterday, and she proceeds to tell me about my cousin - one I didn't know I had. Bill Toms, from the Iron City Houserockers, a guitarist for the band during the 80s. Who knew?

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
Good morning America how are ya?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC, Rook

Sheperdess

Jan 20, 2013
South Dakota
Detector(s) used
Teknetics
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good Morning Gang! It's still dark here. But I'm doing fine. Hope you all have an eventful day.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Thanks for the link Bill
Had some time and read up on her mission statement and I like it, so will order some seeds for next year. I'll pass along the link to a friend and see if it passes the sniff test-very strict in the quality/ethics of the companies.

Thinking you better start building a trellis high enough, or train them to go around/and back down.
At 12 ft Bill I want to see a picture of you and the Mrs on the shoulders of the other picking beans-type of a Cirque du Soleil act.....:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Well, you called it! Heading to urgent care. Grandson has poison ivy all over his face. It's gonna be an event alright. :tongue3:

Ouch! Poor guy-hope he gets that taken care of right quick.
Hard not to touch it when it gets a itching-thinking the on the face would be really bad for a youngster.
Best of luck WD

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Jim,

We'll let the beans trail down the other side of the teepee and see how that works out. My wife has some native blood courtesy of her dad and ironically the line traces back to the Kaniwaki Mohawks so kind of full circle.

If it works out I'll be sure to post some pictures. We also have some spaghetti squash just planted. Should be a good gardening year with any luck.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread