THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who burn up fossil fuels needlessly... lets say running to the store for a few items at a time when they could do it in one trip.... boating for pleasure only everyday for no other reason other than...
"because I can".
The "because I can" attitude is and has been IMO the main source that needs to be toned down....
this unnecessary use of fossil fuels and heat productions globally are one thing that can be easily helped.

Just because you can afford to... "or can".... does not mean you should.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of smoking...
My ex-neighbor would "run to the store" for cigarettes... she would buy 2 packs...
KNOWING this would last her ONLY a couple days...
THEN...
2 days later... BACK to the store for more.
THIS...
IS...
A...
PRIME...
EXAMPLE....... of needlessness.

I would tell her... buy what you need for the time you need... quit just driving back and forth.
I would ask her... "what... did you think you were gonnna quit after 2 packs" ?

HEH

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wanna go fishing ? ? ?
Do it from a dock if you dont do it for a living or to eat.
Do something else... leave the damn fish alone for a while.

NOW BART... i know you make your living working as a fisherman... and for many of the types we all know and love for their spending.
BUT... this again is a major problem... worldwide millions leave the docks everyday all polluting for no other reason than to "catch a big fish".

It boils down again to ... want VS need.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
We try in many ways to reduce our own footprint-yet the need to use fossil fuels is still there in just about every device we own.
Yes battery operating devices are becoming more mainstream and are integrated in, as other devices are on the replacement.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We try in many ways to reduce our own footprint-yet the need to use fossil fuels is still there in just about every device we own.
Yes battery operating devices are becoming more mainstream and are integrated in, as other devices are on the replacement.
Which makes me wonder...

Where are all the dead and broken ones going ? ? ?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
If everyone just took a look at the amount of trash that is being generated at their own curb-that pretty well says everything.
We generate one bag of paper/metal, plastic, glass/garbage per month.
Now this is a large clear bag and many times it's only partly full.
We are allowed to put up to 42lbs of garbage in a bag-most times the kitchen catcher bags would add up to 20-25lbs for the month.
Yet on trash day I can drive along and see huge bags out at the curb every week filled to the brim with recycling of plastics, drink containers of all sort-humans are addicted on sugar watery drinks.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Which makes me wonder...

Where are all the dead and broken ones going ? ? ?
I follow he pricing of the country-it is an indicator of how the economy is doing/going.
Minor metals is a eye opener as it is what drives the base of everything we consume basically
Batteries are recycled-if folks take the time to recycle them properly

Attachments

• 8C317EF2-CB2B-4E93-81F7-51A282CB7DF7.png
    8C317EF2-CB2B-4E93-81F7-51A282CB7DF7.png
    82.8 KB · Views: 20

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
There's another one that should be considered:

Drive-thru windows

Folks need to:
Get in their vehicle-drive to the local coffee joint-line up in this longline up of idling vehicles to get the morning brew-drive home. Day after day after day......... seriously?
Make your own coffee-oh wait it's the treat-donut/muffin/bagel-addiction
(Disclaimer-hermit living in bush doesn't have that luxury :tongue3:)

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Bill
Well it looks like a frost is forecasted for the greater region tonight/morning.
Will have to cover up
Get a load of hay loaded for delivery in the morning to a farm.
Do a strawberry pick
I did an installation of a remote light switch for a barn light
So I can turn it on in the morning-reduce the LED glow in the late evening like a setting sun.
Worked great as I didn't have to go in and put them to bed last night.
Layers need 14+ hrs of light a day
We have around 11 this time of the year.
So the need of artificial lighting.
Yes I had to go in and turn the light off-problem is-some are still walking around.
So they jump into the laying boxes
Result is the need to clean them out.
So I needed to turn on the flashlight to get them onto the roosts
Then there was the slow undecided ones-do I go there or there, no over there, oh wait......
So I just hoisted them onto an empty spot-there!

I'm loving the remote-up to 10,000ft away it can operate (Lutron remote switches)
Just replace the light switch in a normal plug-$80 cheap way of doing a remote lighting.

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,
Great point about trying to reduce our carbon footprint. A few things we do to help the cause, compost, leave the grass clippings on the lawn instead of bagging them up, grow our veggie garden to reduce some commercial produce, make our own beer and wine from kits, when doing shopping try to fit in at least 3 stops per trip and more often 4 or 5, etc...I'm sure others can add ideas to the list.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Planning a trip to the berry islands....chub cay. Hope to catch fish and hunt ambergris. Might go after a world record....if I can convince everyone its possible. My biggest problem throughout life has been convincing people to trust me and go for it. A careful study of line class records and I should be able to land a world record wahoo !! Most of the people close to me know that I don't commit to something unless I'm relatively sure I can do it !! I know where these giants live and I know what month to go after them.....November, san salvador bahamas....im looking for the biggest in the world ,170 pounds or bigger !!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
People who burn up fossil fuels needlessly... lets say running to the store for a few items at a time when they could do it in one trip.... boating for pleasure only everyday for no other reason other than...
"because I can".
The "because I can" attitude is and has been IMO the main source that needs to be toned down....
this unnecessary use of fossil fuels and heat productions globally are one thing that can be easily helped.

Just because you can afford to... "or can".... does not mean you should.
Add to that the "me first" mentality that's prevalent on the roadways nowadays?

Like people who speed to pass you up on the left, get in front of you and then slow down to the same speed they were doing behind you. Also, pass you on the left in order to get to that next right turn...except..in front of you. One more? I have *always* been completely impressed by some drivers! When I was learning how to drive? The hardest thing I ever learned! Just was tough for me!

Now....I see multitudes of drivers who *perfectly* parallel park! On the highways!! AT 80 MPH!!! :o

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread