THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Killer find cap !! Congrats !! I thought that sucker was a coin !!
You can imagine when i was going through old box and got to bottom... and saw "1794 Carol III D G Hisp Et Ind R." staring up at me... and of course the color threw me immediately... but i admit... heart began pumping... and i reached very very quickly... and still got a slight push of adreniline as i was flipping it... ONLY to see that... and i was like "aww man... sheesh i knew this was a fake something".
BUT... i still love it and will keep it.
Off it goes to the ole treasure chest.

Oh one more thing... which strikes me very odd.... all of them are "holed".... even mine... and not like cast holed... they are / seem to be actually holed by hand.

:/

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You can imagine when i was going through old box and got to bottom... and saw "1794 Carol III D G Hisp Et Ind R." staring up at me... and of course the color threw me immediately... but i admit... heart began pumping... and i reached very very quickly... and still got a slight push of adreniline as i was flipping it... ONLY to see that... and i was like "aww man... sheesh i knew this was a fake something".
BUT... i still love it and will keep it.
Off it goes to the ole treasure chest.

Oh one more thing... which strikes me very odd.... all of them are "holed".... even mine... and not like cast holed... they are / seem to be actually holed by hand.

:/
My first thought was...genuine counterfeit from the time !! Still a nice rare token !! My heart would have fluttered also !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning ARC and Bart
Raining here as it will be for the next day or so.
Cool token you snagged.
I can still remember the old tokens in the bottom of the toy box growing up.
I questioned the coinage/tokens and was told " oh you can't spend them, they're just fake money what they had years ago......."
I have no idea where they ended up, just hope they're in a collector's sleeve somewhere instead of a landfill.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Have you ever used one ?
Nope but I need one....my buddys mom got out to hook the boat to the trailer.... she slipped on the moss on the boat ramp. She smaked her head and got traumatic brain injury.....still recovering after 3 years !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning ARC and Bart
Raining here as it will be for the next day or so.
Cool token you snagged.
I can still remember the old tokens in the bottom of the toy box growing up.
I questioned the coinage/tokens and was told " oh you can't spend them, they're just fake money what they had years ago......."
I have no idea where they ended up, just hope they're in a collector's sleeve somewhere instead of a landfill.
I threw them out alot over the years....now I wish I had them !! Just found 9 G.S.P. tokens.....Garden state parkway in New Jersey!! Laying on the ground in the mangroves on Tavernier key !! Go figure !!

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yeah... not too long ago was going through another old box of crapola and found a stack of old paper money and maps... obviously i got them about the same time... back when i would play around the old fort... i loved that place.

I have not been back to Augustine since prolly about twelve or so... but must have gotten all that stuff back then.

Been going through lots of storage crap... trying to get ready for family visit... cleaning out and getting rid of a ton of stuff.

Thought about running a few things on here to sell... like this massive stack of detecting magazines (*back to the 70's) and such... maybe some charts... maps... books... ehhh who knows.

Anyway... i am not a Charter Member so it will have to go on back burner for now.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never even look at most of this stuff anymore... i have seen it... enjoyed it... time to pass it along.
Most of the mags and such i kept back are killer... they have great articles / stories / finds etc...

Almost all of which are only known through those magazines... for i never see it online... and is not the type of stuff that will prolly be "data entries" at some time by someone.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I never even look at most of this stuff anymore... i have seen it... enjoyed it... time to pass it along.
Most of the mags and such i kept back are killer... they have great articles / stories / finds etc...

Almost all of which are only known through those magazines... for i never see it online... and is not the type of stuff that will prolly be "data entries" at some time by someone.
Im the same way..... gonna let the the museum in islamorada have some stuff..... I can still go and see it, and many others will enjoy it also !! I can take my kid there and enjoy it !! And the museum folks are good peeps !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Back 15yrs or so I bought a large box of old detecting mags off a fellow that had them for sale.
Turned out to be an author that wrote a few books(30) about the history of Ontario.
Most interesting/unassuming gentleman to have an afternoon chat up with about history.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Latest Discussions