THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught a bunch of bait fish this afternoon with the cast net...Then...The bigger/smarter ones hid under the dock . Soooo I pulled out my ' 2 ring metal lamp shade frame net' And hammered them when they came out :headbang::violent1::tongue1:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Caught a bunch of bait fish this afternoon with the cast net...Then...The bigger/smarter ones hid under the dock . Soooo I pulled out my ' 2 ring metal lamp shade frame net' And hammered them when they came out :headbang::violent1::tongue1:
RTR has got fishing on teh brain... :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ARC,

Another example of going no or little descrimination. Many years ago there was a young guy that bought an old Garrett Deepseeker metal detector from the 1970's. He paid like $25 for it at a garage sale and didn't have the manual that it came with.

After 6 months or so he posted up his finds he probably had about $500 of clad, silver coins, gold and silver jewelry, relics, buttons, etc....I managed to track down a manual for him online and gave him a link for it.

He said thanks but no thanks I like the results just using it with no fancy settings....:laughing7: :laughing7::laughing7:

Rookster

Gold Member
Nov 24, 2013
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, F75Ltd., AT PRO, Garrett pointer
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
ARC,

Another example of going no or little descrimination. Many years ago there was a young guy that bought an old Garrett Deepseeker metal detector from the 1970's. He paid like $25 for it at a garage sale and didn't have the manual that it came with.

After 6 months or so he posted up his finds he probably had about $500 of clad, silver coins, gold and silver jewelry, relics, buttons, etc....I managed to track down a manual for him online and gave him a link for it.

He said thanks but no thanks I like the results just using it with no fancy settings....:laughing7: :laughing7::laughing7:
That ain’t workin, that’s tha way you do it. Money ain’t for nutin and tha money’s free.:laughing7::laughing7:. Good job bill trying to help the guy. I’ve got a buddy that learned the same way.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning RC... i never say Good morning to you for you always get here in my afternoon. :P

So... Good Morning... err or Good Afternoon rather. :)

Well.
Not sure what watch I get/am on.
If the dogs let me , I 'm up around 8:30 A.M. on.
Usually down at 1:00 A.M.. Out /sleepin by 2:00. For a while...

Hey if I lived in your clime I might greet the dawn more often.
Then nap when it gets hot. l.o.l..

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dedicated to the letter... "A"