THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RustyRelics

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2019
Central PA
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600/Ancient Whites MXT
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As some of y'all may know, I am going to be moving to Pennsylvania soon. (I still am, just set the date farther away is all)

This morning, we had some snow that was never forecasted, but it was imperative that I be out this morning so I could take my mom to a surgery appointment. (she's fine, nothing wrong on that end) Everything was going okay, but it was dark out and it was snowing pretty hard, so I was only doing 45 on the interstate. Others were doing the same speed as well. All of a sudden, I see everyone's brake lights go one at once. Instinctively I pumped the brakes, but then my car started to fishtail. I took my foot off of the gas and brakes, and kept a grip on the wheel, but never turned it. My car ended up doing a 180 after fishtailing all over the place. We stopped a foot away from hitting the guard rail, and several feet away from a black truck that had crashed, but had no lights on. No one saw it until it was too late. I quickly came to my senses and pulled the car off the road, and waited until it was clear before getting on again. As I was leaving that spot, I noticed in my rearview mirror two tractor trailers out of control.

One of the trailers crashed in the spot where we had been sitting only seconds before, and the other hit the black truck broadside before crashing into a ditch. Then an SUV tried to avoid all of this and ended up flipping onto its roof in the ditch. We stopped and called 911. Everyone made it without injury thankfully.

I realized that it would probably be a good idea to have a vehicle with 4WD for Pennsylvania. I'll be leaving late February, Early March. I'll be getting a part time job here until then.

Stay safe everyone, and avoid black ice!

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
As some of y'all may know, I am going to be moving to Pennsylvania soon. (I still am, just set the date farther away is all)

This morning, we had some snow that was never forecasted, but it was imperative that I be out this morning so I could take my mom to a surgery appointment. (she's fine, nothing wrong on that end) Everything was going okay, but it was dark out and it was snowing pretty hard, so I was only doing 45 on the interstate. Others were doing the same speed as well. All of a sudden, I see everyone's brake lights go one at once. Instinctively I pumped the brakes, but then my car started to fishtail. I took my foot off of the gas and brakes, and kept a grip on the wheel, but never turned it. My car ended up doing a 180 after fishtailing all over the place. We stopped a foot away from hitting the guard rail, and several feet away from a black truck that had crashed, but had no lights on. No one saw it until it was too late. I quickly came to my senses and pulled the car off the road, and waited until it was clear before getting on again. As I was leaving that spot, I noticed in my rearview mirror two tractor trailers out of control.

One of the trailers crashed in the spot where we had been sitting only seconds before, and the other hit the black truck broadside before crashing into a ditch. Then an SUV tried to avoid all of this and ended up flipping onto its roof in the ditch. We stopped and called 911. Everyone made it without injury thankfully.

I realized that it would probably be a good idea to have a vehicle with 4WD for Pennsylvania. I'll be leaving late February, Early March. I'll be getting a part time job here until then.

Glad my partner was watching out for you.

And....howdy! Soon to be neighbor! :wave:

WHADIFIND

Gold Member
Apr 9, 2012
South of the Mason-Dixon Line
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-MAX
Garrett AT-PRO,
Garrett Groundhog,
Pro-Pointer,

Jack Hammer!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
rum.jpg

Bye for now. This should be nuff for reentry later. :)

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Rusty, Glad you came out of it unscathed it could have been a lot worse.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
JJohn, Good luck with the dental
My doctor appointment went okay. My doctor said my teeth are just real bad even though I take care of them now when I was younger I didn't and he said that catches up to you. I probably had a immune response finally and it put me through what I went through. Though have lab work to do so I'll see.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My doctor appointment went okay. My doctor said my teeth are just real bad even though I take care of them now when I was younger I didn't and he said that catches up to you. I probably had a immune response finally and it put me through what I went through. Though have lab work to do so I'll see.
Response to your bad teeth ? ? or vise versa ... ?

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Response to your bad teeth ? ? or vise versa ... ?
Was most likely an immune response because my teeth are bad or rather my gums are in bad shape I guess. I was when I was younger terrible at taking care of my teeth. Also I think I screwed up and wasn't one to floss.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was most likely an immune response because my teeth are bad or rather my gums are in bad shape I guess. I was when I was younger terrible at taking care of my teeth. Also I think I screwed up and wasn't one to floss.
Well what was the "response"... forgive me if i missed something there... IOW's what symptoms or reason for the doctors visit...

So far what i gathered is you had an immune response in your body to your bad teeth ? ? ? correct ?

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread