THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Lesche Piranha 35 Shovel & 'Garrett Carrot'
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Awhile back I had mentioned I was ordering a small hydroponic kit for the missus for Christmas. Well it arrived yesterday we'll see how it work it takes about 30 days for the lettuce to grow so I'll fill you folks in late January.

Sounds interesting Bill, with your green thumb, I'm sure it'll taste delicious! :thumbsup:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
As some of y'all may know, I am going to be moving to Pennsylvania soon. (I still am, just set the date farther away is all)

This morning, we had some snow that was never forecasted, but it was imperative that I be out this morning so I could take my mom to a surgery appointment. (she's fine, nothing wrong on that end) Everything was going okay, but it was dark out and it was snowing pretty hard, so I was only doing 45 on the interstate. Others were doing the same speed as well. All of a sudden, I see everyone's brake lights go one at once. Instinctively I pumped the brakes, but then my car started to fishtail. I took my foot off of the gas and brakes, and kept a grip on the wheel, but never turned it. My car ended up doing a 180 after fishtailing all over the place. We stopped a foot away from hitting the guard rail, and several feet away from a black truck that had crashed, but had no lights on. No one saw it until it was too late. I quickly came to my senses and pulled the car off the road, and waited until it was clear before getting on again. As I was leaving that spot, I noticed in my rearview mirror two tractor trailers out of control.

One of the trailers crashed in the spot where we had been sitting only seconds before, and the other hit the black truck broadside before crashing into a ditch. Then an SUV tried to avoid all of this and ended up flipping onto its roof in the ditch. We stopped and called 911. Everyone made it without injury thankfully.

I realized that it would probably be a good idea to have a vehicle with 4WD for Pennsylvania. I'll be leaving late February, Early March. I'll be getting a part time job here until then.

Stay safe everyone, and avoid black ice!
Man that sounded terrifying, we can never prepare yourself for when you hit black ice, because it usually too late then. Glad to hear you and your vehicle were undamaged.... all-wheel drive is good, I find winter tires are pretty effective too.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Just finished mounting the 16 Sq.ft. yoga/dancing mirror for the Mrs.
Check/scratch another one off that list.
Maybe she'll get back into her belly dancing.:hello2:
Oh my! :laughing7:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Keene A52 with Gold Hog mats
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TNT is a Norwegian heavy metal band from Trondheim, formed in 1982. The band has released fourteen studio albums, three EPs and four live albums while going through numerous line-up changes since its formation. Guitarist Ronni Le Tekrø is the only consistent member of TNT.

:headbang:
:headbang:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Loudness (ラウドネス, Raudonesu) is a Japanese heavy metal band formed in 1981 by guitarist Akira Takasaki and drummer Munetaka Higuchi.[1][2] They were the first Japanese metal act signed to a major label in the United States. Loudness subsequently released 26 studio albums (five licensed in America) and nine live albums by 2014.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Jim.
I just found this old pic of you in your belly-dancing out fit... I think you look pretty good. :laughing7:

Attachments

• 89cf4cbfc3f800a6c08775989a5fc568-crop.jpg
    89cf4cbfc3f800a6c08775989a5fc568-crop.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 11

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
My doctor appointment went okay. My doctor said my teeth are just real bad even though I take care of them now when I was younger I didn't and he said that catches up to you. I probably had a immune response finally and it put me through what I went through. Though have lab work to do so I'll see.
At least now you have an idea of what's going on in your mouth John, tooth pain is not something that's easy to live with. :icon_scratch:

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Of course today's hunt would most bring up stuff related to old clothing several buttons, a suspender thingy, and the round decorative looking things is about the size of a quarter not sure if it's a pendent or something like that.
Nice looking pendant John. I'm thinking something was held in place on the back due to the bent tabs near the top loop. :icon_scratch:

Oregon Viking

Gold Member
Jan 6, 2014
Brookings-Harbor Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's prizm IV
Gold-N-Sand hand dredge
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Warlock were a German heavy metal band, founded 1982 in Düsseldorf by members of the underground bands Snakebite and Beast. The band gained popularity and some commercial success in Europe in the mid-1980s, due to the personality and stage presence of lead vocalist Doro Pesch. Warlock supported successful heavy metal bands on tour, such as W.A.S.P., Judas Priest, Dio and Megadeth.

ANTIQUARIAN

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
Upper Canada 🇨🇦
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
One of my favourite recent country songs by Jake Owen. 🤠

Funny story... I commented on Jake's video and his uncle responded to my post. We ended up conversing for a few weeks online about the differences between living in Canada compared to the States. He was very curious about how our 'FREE' health care system worked or doesn't work. :laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Morning Jim.
I just found this old pic of you in your belly-dancing out fit... I think you look pretty good. :laughing7:
You're just jealous that I can still fit in my outfit-then again that lime green banana hammock pic of you sitting around the pool from that trip to Vegas still rents space in the head. ( what happens in Vegas-remains in Vegas):laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread