THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Glad your daughter is getting better
That's great news.
ATVs seem too be the cause of many accidents.
Something that can go anywhere yet can tip over so we'll.
Kind of think more respect has to be shown when I am wheeling about through the trails with no helmet.
(That is coming from a head of hard knocks)😁

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Top of the day to you John and Parker
Thank you Pepper, hope you've had a good weekend. Yesterday my mother wanted to metal detected the field I've gone over so many time and right away finds a 1920 s Indian nickel then right after a 1904 dime. I was happy for her but devastating for me as I've gone over that field so many times and never find coin just relics lol.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning, pirates! It's been a little challenging in WD World! As I already stated, we kept our little granddaughter Friday night. Saturday, MR went to work and then came home with dimmer light switches for LED lights. You know where this is going, don't you? The first one went smoothly. Then he moved to this panel for all the lights in the kitchen. The second went smoothly. The third went smoothly. The fourth one had a jumper wire to the third one, and it broke. The last frigging switch. So, he had to go bum some wire off of someone and came back. Covid fog set in and he couldn't get the wires figured out. Oh but wait! It gets better. He calls a friend, who's whole career is maintenance for multiple apartment complexes. "Are you any good with 3-way switches?" "Oh, yeah, no problem." 5 hours later, we have no lights and all the flipping wires are all mixed up on the whole panel! I took the granddaughter home and came back and settled for one small lamp and the stove light to cook and clean by. Oh and the refrigerator if I leave the door open! I informed the MR that he is not allowed to start anymore projects for 6 months, making sure the Fog crap is cleared up! I was exhaused yesterday, but I tried to get cleaned up and motivated. I did manage to get some of my bottles cleaned. Then I crashed. He woke me up to go pick up prescriptions. I made him take me out to eat and then we went to the antique shop. He also went without supper last night. I have about 10 bottles left to figure out, and then I will get pics. The electrician who originally wired our house is going to be here at 9:30. I have to go make coffee. I will be back. You have been warned!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
download (2).png

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning, pirates! It's been a little challenging in WD World! As I already stated, we kept our little granddaughter Friday night. Saturday, MR went to work and then came home with dimmer light switches for LED lights. You know where this is going, don't you? The first one went smoothly. Then he moved to this panel for all the lights in the kitchen. The second went smoothly. The third went smoothly. The fourth one had a jumper wire to the third one, and it broke. The last frigging switch. So, he had to go bum some wire off of someone and came back. Covid fog set in and he couldn't get the wires figured out. Oh but wait! It gets better. He calls a friend, who's whole career is maintenance for multiple apartment complexes. "Are you any good with 3-way switches?" "Oh, yeah, no problem." 5 hours later, we have no lights and all the flipping wires are all mixed up on the whole panel! I took the granddaughter home and came back and settled for one small lamp and the stove light to cook and clean by. Oh and the refrigerator if I leave the door open! I informed the MR that he is not allowed to start anymore projects for 6 months, making sure the Fog crap is cleared up! I was exhaused yesterday, but I tried to get cleaned up and motivated. I did manage to get some of my bottles cleaned. Then I crashed. He woke me up to go pick up prescriptions. I made him take me out to eat and then we went to the antique shop. He also went without supper last night. I have about 10 bottles left to figure out, and then I will get pics. The electrician who originally wired our house is going to be here at 9:30. I have to go make coffee. I will be back. You have been warned!
Morning WD
Oh the great dimmer issues when it seems so straight forward yet so many combinations.
Lutron dimmable switches are my go to.
The remote dimmable package is another option.
Great for outdoor lighting, as they work 100s of feet away.
We installed a switch for the garage and barn.
Just use the remote to turn off and on, plus we can dimm the lighting.
Best $75 ever spent.
Easy switch over of the switch already wired up.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Took the guy about an hour to fix it all. It would have taken him less time, but he was at a pause and he asked if I metal detected my cemetery. It was a test. I told him, " it's a no-no." We talked bottles. He says he thinks he or his son is registered here on Tnet. But has to get with son to try and remember. The Mr, believe it or not, started telling him about our group we are trying to get together and encouraged him to get involved. anyway, the guy didn't charge anything and wouldn't take anything. Problem solved. Now I have to clean up.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread