THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

I was out there looking for a home site, The shack is in line with were the site is on the map but about 100 yards from where I thought the home site should be, Im thinking it was originally part of the home site and at some point a farmer pushed it into the woods, no square nails so im not real sure of the age. Big maples by where the map shows the site but couldn't find a iron bed...
It happens once in a while were a site isn't a producer, or just isn't where the map says it is.
I have 2 church sites like this, nothing, it's like they never existed on that site.
95% of the time I can park, and the iron bed is -50ft on either side at that point.
It's almost like they made an error of the church sites, because usually there is something nails, rubble stone, glass, iron at any site, as these are worked fields and the ground is bare during the rotation.
It makes me :icon_scratch:

Trying to figure it out....some rain around, so not sure.....probably some boat maintenance on one or the other.....work day i guess !!
This time of the year it seems that life revolves around what Mother Nature dictates.

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 7.36.35 AM.png

At least your in the 40s and 50s !!
It's creeping up slowly.
When it's in 40's with a heavy breeze it can be chilly.
No wind and 50F+ Oh Ya! :headbang:
Though over the weekend there were still frozen spots in the fields, even under the corn stalks the ground had a 4" layer of soft frozen soil.
In the shady tree line 3" down was a rock hard soil.

It happens once in a while were a site isn't a producer, or just isn't where the map says it is.
I have 2 church sites like this, nothing, it's like they never existed on that site.
95% of the time I can park, and the iron bed is -50ft on either side at that point.
It's almost like they made an error of the church sites, because usually there is something nails, rubble stone, glass, iron at any site, as these are worked fields and the ground is bare during the rotation.
It makes me :icon_scratch:
Yes I to come across these, it maked me wonder what criteria the map maker uses to say "we need a dot here"

Hmmmmmmmmm.... arrrrrrrr

Think i might have to dust off the detectors this morn.... perfect day for us here.

Not to rub it in... :P

Um.... been awhile... perhaps i forgot how... hmmmm........ NOPE !... i remember just fine :)

Umm.... i think i might dust off that Go Pro i never use... perhaps bring the good Sony and grab a few pics...

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Hmmmmmmmmm.... arrrrrrrr

Think i might have to dust off the detectors this morn.... perfect day for us here.

Um.... been awhile... perhaps i forgot how... hmmmm........ NOPE !... i remember just fine :)

Umm.... i think i might dust off that Go Pro i never use... perhaps bring the good Sony and grab a few pics...

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Well the best of luck to you ARC, hope that the hunt will produce a shiny gold colour recovery .

So tough for my Ukrainian treasure hunting friend on instagram......teritex alex......he had the greatest treasure hunting / metal detecting page. If your not familiar with Ukrainian metal detecting im here to tell you.....its incredible....or was !! I think even better than England. Anyway, he's still posting.....he's not hunting gold caches anymore......he's hunting tanks !! I hope he can survive 🙏!!

Hmmmmmmmmm.... arrrrrrrr

Hmmmm,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
Get in the water.....there's gold there !! Woooo hoooo !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back