THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

W.D. I'm trying to make bread again. Sigh.
Already looks bad and has not seen the oven yet! Too dry I think. Not a dough to be manipulated after an all night set or it would have received a teaspoon more of water.

Last loaf would have been perfect if I'd baked it nearly twice as long as my recipe calls for... It did get extra time , but not enough.

I'll know more in about an hour. L.o.l.
Seem to learn something more each try.

The right pan and we can get you flipping eggs with the flick of the pan . Without breaking them.
Then graduate to a former fellow cook who would flip a pan behind his backs technique when he was getting egged out at work.. Probably not always successfully. l.o.l..
Homemade bread? Sounds delicious!
Lol! I am not going to be fancy. I am just trying to keep him thankful that I cook at all. šŸ˜œ

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
85F outside today.
Too much sun/heat now the head is throbbing, and a queazy tummy.
Many are saying we missed spring again this year.
Just too hot too fast for us northerners. :tongue3:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
95F here and the humidity pods have arrived. Sweating profusely,bad mood.I hate summer.
NICE!
Nothing like having the clothing feel like wet tea bags for the 4-5 months.
Day after day, after day, the soggy sweaty, salty, tea bag clothing sticking to the skin.
No relief what so ever, day, after day, the relentless humidity and heat hanging ever so tight around.
The air so thick that it feels like you can cut it with a knife.
Looking over the landscape the shimmering relentless waves of heat sucking at the inner soul of every living thing that has to endure its wrath.
Enjoy it, savour it. :headbang::hello2::laughing7:

(The great Lake regions aren't much better)

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
NICE!
Nothing like having the clothing feel like wet tea bags for the 4-5 months.
Day after day, after day, the soggy sweaty, salty, tea bag clothing sticking to the skin.
No relief what so ever, day, after day, the relentless humidity and heat hanging ever so tight around.
The air so thick that it feels like you can cut it with a knife.
Looking over the landscape the shimmering relentless waves of heat sucking at the inner soul of every living thing that has to endure its wrath.
Enjoy it, savour it. :headbang::hello2::laughing7:

(The great Lake regions aren't much better)
Glad I didn,t read that but once. I,d shoot myself!
:laughing7:

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Homemade bread? Sounds delicious!
Lol! I am not going to be fancy. I am just trying to keep him thankful that I cook at all. šŸ˜œ
Another fail.
I think I'll be scrapping the recipe.
Not saying it's the recipe's fault. But we are disagreeing too much. I cooked it way past time and it was still dense and damp.
As dry as I had it pre baking this time , it's not from too much water.

Had a fried egg for supper yesterday.
Tossed it cold out of the fridge into a pan and had a bit of crispy on the edge.
Gave the pan a pull to flip it for a brief finish and again to right side up it to pour on the plate.
Reminded me of a fried egg mostly. :laughing7:

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WD... whats with that fat pup of yours ? ? ?

He got spoiled too much by momma... sheesh :P

Reminds me of Suzy (who passed if you remember almost a year ago now)

... what kind of dog is he ? and total weight ? ? ?

looks Chihuahua.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Best way to fry an egg is to have the oil or grease medium hot,don,t matter if the egg is cold or warm. Break the egg into the pan and as it cooks use your spatula to flip hot oil over the egg,if you,re going for Over Easy,when the yolk has a uniform white covering,it,s done. A little longer and you,ll get those crispy edges.If you want a egg sandwich egg,break the yolk and cook until done. it,s all a matter of doing it until you find out what works.vary the temp and time till it works for you.My Mom told me when i was about 12,if you want some eggs,cook you some eggs.So I did and still do my own eggs. Good frying to you all. Cast iron skillets work best,but not absolutely necessary. If you don,t care about the cholesterol,fry your bacon first and fry your eggs in the bacon grease.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Best way to fry an egg is to have the oil or grease medium hot,don,t matter if the egg is cold or warm. Break the egg into the pan and as it cooks use your spatula to flip hot oil over the egg,if you,re going for Over Easy,when the yolk has a uniform white covering,it,s done. A little longer and you,ll get those crispy edges.If you want a egg sandwich egg,break the yolk and cook until done. it,s all a matter of doing it until you find out what works.vary the temp and time till it works for you.My Mom told me when i was about 12,if you want some eggs,cook you some eggs.So I did and still do my own eggs. Good frying to you all. Cast iron skillets work best,but not absolutely necessary. If you don,t care about the cholesterol,fry your bacon first and fry your eggs in the bacon grease.
Pfft.
I used about a half teaspoon of butter last night.

Oh , eggs swimming in bacon grease is a treat.
So is deep frying in fat. (Beef please for much of it.)
I used to have a big fryer of bacon fat.
Oh the goodness of homemade doughnuts in it!
Now a days it's peanut oil. But the fryer has been off duty a long time.
Maybe I should get to fishing again.

I'm living a tiny bit less on grease today though.
Till winter and harder work shoveling at least. I croak shoveling we'll blame the bacon , not me. L.o.l..

Ummm , bacon!
Must resist. At least for another day.
I did note /ogle it in the fridge earlier.:o:rolleyes:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Another fail.
I think I'll be scrapping the recipe.
Not saying it's the recipe's fault. But we are disagreeing too much. I cooked it way past time and it was still dense and damp.
As dry as I had it pre baking this time , it's not from too much water.

Had a fried egg for supper yesterday.
Tossed it cold out of the fridge into a pan and had a bit of crispy on the edge.
Gave the pan a pull to flip it for a brief finish and again to right side up it to pour on the plate.
Reminded me of a fried egg mostly. :laughing7:
Me personally, I like the crispy edges.
I canā€™t help you with bread baking. You know if I donā€™t have explicit directions, it ainā€™t happening.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
WD... whats with that fat pup of yours ? ? ?

He got spoiled too much by momma... sheesh :P

Reminds me of Suzy (who passed if you remember almost a year ago now)

... what kind of dog is he ? and total weight ? ? ?

looks Chihuahua.
Thatā€™s my dadā€™s dog and it is my dadā€™s fault the dog is fat! We all have been scolding him for years for feeding him all the crap that he does. We made progress this year. He stopped giving him dog food.
He is a mixture of miniature pincher and Chinese crested.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Me personally, I like the crispy edges.
I canā€™t help you with bread baking. You know if I donā€™t have explicit directions, it ainā€™t happening.
Handed a gal money at a store and got a loaf after throwing away todays effort..
Homemade. Well , it made it all the way home!

They carry frozen bread dough in grocery stores that smells up the kitchen real nice.
If recalled right it's no great bargain.
If I fail again too many more times I might buy some , hide the wrapper and surprise my ladyfriend by leaving a baked perfect nice loaf on the counter.
She'd figure it out though. L.o.l.
She's already let me know if I get it perfect ; I'll forget how I did it the next day!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Handed a gal money at a store and got a loaf after throwing away todays effort..

They carry frozen bread dough in grocery stores that smells up the kitchen real nice.
If I fail again too many more times I might buy some , hide the wrapper and surprise my ladyfriend by leaving a baked perfect nice loaf on the counter.
She's already let me know if I get it perfect ; I'll forget how I did it the next day!
Tried sourdough bread?It,s a bit easier than the other kinds.Plenty of recipes out there.I can,t tell you how to do it.I learn by try it till I get it right and then don,t forget.Like how to make black bottom biscuits,I can do it but damned if I can describe it.I think that,s the same as soda biscuits for you Yankees. I learned by watching my Maternal Grand Mother.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
The BuckIdgrā€™s came over tonight for some tuna. We went walking around the farm . I thought I found a broken point, but now I am not sure. I think it may have been a work in progress and broke so whoever tossed it. IDK šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø I am trying to learn.
Oh, and @JVA5th , on my place, I can find an old rusty nail, no detector needed. šŸ˜‚

D17E8638-4597-4BCF-88AF-EB93738C24C0.jpeg

4507AF29-10B4-4C4B-A16C-5150F541D4F3.jpeg

We walked over to their place and hung out a few and then walked back to our side and fed the fish. I pulled up my pants leg and fanged if I didnā€™t have another tick! Bit me in the shin. This gave everyone the creepy crawlies and we headed to gather their belongings so they could leave. Mr WD found a baby snake that obviously couldnā€™t make it across the hot blacktop.

1F618F6D-B26C-416E-84B4-4C9E1810441D.jpeg

Then on their way home, I got a text from BuckIdgr. She found a tick in her hair. Bad year, I am telling you what!

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pfft.
I used about a half teaspoon of butter last night.

Oh , eggs swimming in bacon grease is a treat.
So is deep frying in fat. (Beef please for much of it.)
I used to have a big fryer of bacon fat.
Oh the goodness of homemade doughnuts in it!
Now a days it's peanut oil. But the fryer has been off duty a long time.
Maybe I should get to fishing again.

I'm living a tiny bit less on grease today though.
Till winter and harder work shoveling at least. I croak shoveling we'll blame the bacon , not me. L.o.l..

Ummm , bacon!
Must resist. At least for another day.
I did note /ogle it in the fridge earlier.:o:rolleyes:
You can always blot the eggs after you take them out of the pan.Gets rid of most of the grease but you still have the taste.Don,t know how you properly fry eggs in a half teaspoon of butter,but if it works for you,more power to ya!:notworthy:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other

Hey, I have had some of the frozen loaves that you bake . Taint bad at all!

Have you ever been given a start of friendship bread? Thatā€™s pretty wild in my book! Pretty good too!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Too much BS about too much of this or that in the diet.
I had bloodwork done 4 yrs ago, had it done again just a few months ago.
The blood was the same
Increased the fats, the red, the eggs, the salt over that time, and it made no difference at all.
Maybe I'm dead.:laughing7:

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thatā€™s my dadā€™s dog and it is my dadā€™s fault the dog is fat! We all have been scolding him for years for feeding him all the crap that he does. We made progress this year. He stopped giving him dog food.
He is a mixture of miniature pincher and Chinese crested.
I'd lay off the Chinese food. Too much MSG :laughing7:

Chow main will put the weight on.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
šŸ„‡ Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Hey, I have had some of the frozen loaves that you bake . Taint bad at all!

Have you ever been given a start of friendship bread? Thatā€™s pretty wild in my book! Pretty good too!
Never give bread to friends they say.
Wrecks the friendship it seems.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread