THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good John
Gardening, transplanting, and the usual stuff.
Trying to get all the little things done so the big ones are more focused on when they knock.
Went digging at a hard hit permission, found out that the blood sucking insect population is well.
Got multiple Black Flies bites, and a tick that want to eat a hole in my forearm.
My tick buddy wife pulled it out.
Hope your day is well and productive at what ever level you set the bar at.
Oh Geesh, you too? After I signed off yesterday, I went to get ready for my appointment. I’m combing my hair and dang if I have a tick! I was running 10 minutes early but after unsuccessful attempt to remove tick, I ended up being 20 minutes late. I did manage to drown it with alcohol. I was hoping one of the health people would help me where I was going, but no. I had to call the mr afterwards and ask him to help.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Oh Geesh, you too? After I signed off yesterday, I went to get ready for my appointment. I’m combing my hair and dang if I have a tick! I was running 10 minutes early but after unsuccessful attempt to remove tick, I ended up being 20 minutes late. I did manage to drown it with alcohol. I was hoping one of the health people would help me where I was going, but no. I had to call the mr afterwards and ask him to help.
Now some would say that was a waste of rum.
I had that thought this morning about if the little suckers could be drowned.

Yup I can just hear the officer asking you if you have been drinking?
No sir! I was drowning a tick!
Sure-sure now I've heard everything. :laughing7:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Do vintage luggage bags like these have value I know some of this kind of stuff had gained interest.
I have seen vintage luggage at Good Will for next to nothing. I have seen them at antique shop for $25.00 on up. I have several pieces myself to get rid of. I reckon it depends on the brand and/or eye appeal. I don’t know what to do myself. Clue me in if you get an answer.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Welcome Zakron
Bounce around for a bit, and see what sticks.
Hopefully no ticks stick.
Sorry to those that are being attacked by those little blood suckers.
I've had four on myself this season so far.
Only one was attached.
A trick I use that works if they have buried their head in you, a lit cigarette hovering over it for a half second.
Repeat that until it removes itself.
No one wants their butt burned lol

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
20220523_151035.jpg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning GWD
Hope the Graduation went of well for your Grandchild
Lol! Yep. He made it. Even though he was still following family tradition in getting high before hand. Yeah like no one can tell. Well I can overlook it since I am guilty, but most importantly, he has been going to school full time and running his own landscaping business since he was 16, and some years making more money than his parents. Lol, this senior year, he figured out he was making more than some of his teachers. It was hard to get him to finish school after he figured that out. He really felt like he didn’t need it. Maybe he won’t. But it’s better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Now some would say that was a waste of rum.
I had that thought this morning about if the little suckers could be drowned.

Yup I can just hear the officer asking you if you have been drinking?
No sir! I was drowning a tick!
Sure-sure now I've heard everything. :laughing7:
You know, a few years ago, “they” said on TV that new study showed pulling the tick out caused it to excrete its bad mojo into the host. “They” said to put rubbing alcohol in a small cup & drown the tick and it would back out without excretion. Well, it didn’t work.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Lol! Yep. He made it. Even though he was still following family tradition in getting high before hand. Yeah like no one can tell. Well I can overlook it since I am guilty, but most importantly, he has been going to school full time and running his own landscaping business since he was 16, and some years making more money than his parents. Lol, this senior year, he figured out he was making more than some of his teachers. It was hard to get him to finish school after he figured that out. He really felt like he didn’t need it. Maybe he won’t. But it’s better to have something and not need it, than to need it and not have it.
Well I tip my hat to him for his entrepreneurial spirit, it's not an easy, but it's the best way most times.
It's good to have the basics, but that won't put the bread on the table easily in today's world.
He's leaps and bounds ahead of the others, and if it doesn't go to the head, he'll be well on his way for a successful path instead of an earned paper certificate career.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread