THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
You know, a few years ago, “they” said on TV that new study showed pulling the tick out caused it to excrete its bad mojo into the host. “They” said to put rubbing alcohol in a small cup & drown the tick and it would back out without excretion. Well, it didn’t work.
Well you can't using the watered down version of rum.
Over proof-works well I hear.
We have a jar with 99.5% pure alcohol in it, those suckers still wiggle around in it for a bit.

A few years ago I found one walking on me, threw it in the sink. Ran the hot water for a few minutes and I figured it was done.
Went into the bathroom an hour later and there it was in the sink again just waiting.
There's articles (research) that claim that they can detect the carbon dioxide from a mammal 30-40 ft away.
So they're already all grabby with there front legs by the time we walk by.

Some folks are wrapping the lower leg with tuck tape so they don't crawl up.
Now just a note of warning:
1: Wrap over pant leg
2: Sticky side out
3: Just below the knee
4: Because if you wrap on the bare skin with sticky side in it's called a Brazilian hair removal.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just curious, @Blak bart , have you ever found enough shards in an area to be able to piece them together?
Yes I have WD....but only a few pieces....I've never found all of the pieces to one complete object.....but I've come close !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Morning's greetings and hallucinations to all. May you have a blessed day.
Good morning, traveller. Again, thank you for the blessing. While yesterday started off rough, it ended with my #4 grandson spending the night. Right now, I am hallucinating about Thomas the train blowing his whistle and relocating cargo all over the island of Sodor.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Yes I have WD....but only a few pieces....I've never found all of the pieces to one complete object.....but I've come close !!
The reason I ask, is because that’s what I try to do. And, several pages back, you posted some pottery that was yellow with (I think) blue and white rings/stripes. I ran out of time that day, but I had just recently seen the pottery on an Ohio history site. Article was about archeological Ohio sites digging for this pottery. They had many samples with none of them fully reconstructed. I guess I didn’t realize how important some of these pieces are.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning, traveller. Again, thank you for the blessing. While yesterday started off rough, it ended with my #4 grandson spending the night. Right now, I am hallucinating about Thomas the train blowing his whistle and relocating cargo all over the island of Sodor.
You are welcome, Lady WD. Time with grandkids is golden.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Bart still hauling in the goodies!
O.T. making me become a rotten egg.
W.D. still entertaining ticks.
Mornin T777!
P.J. is in the house too!
Cap'n still in his silks. And likely getting into his cups. (Rum of course.)
Z.K. ghosting in as a retread and having flashbacks / blashfacks to the rubber room.
A lot of those "colorful" characters participating faded away over and with time.

Widow maker came down out of a maple out front in last nights rain and stretched out on the driveway.. About fifteen feet of a top that's been dangling a couple years after a heavy blow.
A good thing.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Mornin all.

Mornin T777!
Z.K. ghosting in as a retread and having flashbacks / blashfacks to the rubber room.
A lot of those "colorful" characters participating faded away over and with time.

Widow maker came down out of a maple out front in last nights rain and stretched out on the driveway.. About fifteen feet of a top that's been dangling a couple years after a heavy blow.
A good thing.

Bom dia, sir relevent

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Well you can't using the watered down version of rum.
Over proof-works well I hear.
We have a jar with 99.5% pure alcohol in it, those suckers still wiggle around in it for a bit.

A few years ago I found one walking on me, threw it in the sink. Ran the hot water for a few minutes and I figured it was done.
Went into the bathroom an hour later and there it was in the sink again just waiting.
There's articles (research) that claim that they can detect the carbon dioxide from a mammal 30-40 ft away.
So they're already all grabby with there front legs by the time we walk by.

Some folks are wrapping the lower leg with tuck tape so they don't crawl up.
Now just a note of warning:
1: Wrap over pant leg
2: Sticky side out
3: Just below the knee
4: Because if you wrap on the bare skin with sticky side in it's called a Brazilian hair remov

Mornin all.

Mornin T777!

A good thing.

Better on the driveway than through the roof.
I see it as easy picking firewood.
Yes, many from the RR days have indeed faded into the fabric of time.
Many are still here and that is a beautiful thing.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Morning RC
I think you posted a something, my service sucks worse than a tick.
I'll have to view again once I'm in the city.
They just finished the 5G upgrade on the tower by my home the other day.
I've had comcast fiber business class internet before and it is slow by comparison to the 5G.
I tested it yesterday and was getting at max 303 megabits of per second.
Divide Megabits by 8 and you'll have your actual speed.
In the case roughly 37 megabytes per second.

I remember 1988 and using a Commodore 64 with a blistering fast 2400 baud modem!
It would take days to download a single megabyte!
Of course in those days a large program fit on a double sided 5 1/4 inch floppy disk with 512kb of total capacity BEFORE formatting for use.

Got any coffee ?

Boatlode

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2014
Florida Treasure Coast
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark......
Nokta Pulse dive....
Scubapro Jet Fins...................
Mares Puck dive computer.......
Sherwood Silhouette BCD.......
Poseidon Cyklon 300 regulator...
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Lol! Yep. He made it. Even though he was still following family tradition in getting high before hand. Yeah like no one can tell. Well I can overlook it since I am guilty
Times have changed a lot since I was in HS. There was one kid in my class who got caught smoking pot and he got booted out (private school). Other than that I never heard of anyone else in my HS doing it.
College was an eye opener for me. It seemed like I was one of the few dorm residents who didn't smoke pot. And I still never have.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread