THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sounds like good fun. You would likely go to child services custody today
Lol no one ever made an issue. It wasn't too long ago relative wise. We'd have adults, kids, and teens playing. Everyone though always wore face protection. Otherwise all it's going to do is leave little round welts at most. I miss those days lol just dreaded hearing a full auto after me or a gas powered one as those hurt like hell

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Lol no one ever made an issue. It wasn't too long ago relative wise. We'd have adults, kids, and teens playing. Everyone though always wore face protection. Otherwise all it's going to do is leave little round welts at most. I miss those days lol just dreaded hearing a full auto after me or a gas powered one as those hurt like hell
Times are changing quickly young man, but time to fast forward from this subject. Cheers.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm so glad I have decent temper management and think things through. I'm so angry at my aunt and uncle during this whole estate thing and learning they screwed my step dad over extra pisses me off. Family is super important to me and I help them out all the time. I'm super aggravated with them and it's taken holding my tongue to keep peace. I know if I go off and them it will cause issues and I've got my dads side of how we handle things that you don't disrespect so I'm just ugh

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well not as mad now got some good news. If it works out my family is getting a house with a lot of history. In a town called Hornitos that was a 1800s town there is a old store that was converted into a nice house. It's up for sale and my step father's friend know the owner and they have a meeting on it. So keeping hopes up and will be super neat and bonus for me great metal detecting area.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
mornin all.

Unghh.
The little guy was hauled off to the vet bright and early to get his teeth pulled.
I didn't get any details from her royal indoors who's out watering flowers ect. before the heat.
But it was too early to get everyone fired up.

Feel bad for my little buddy.
He'll be miserable a while.
And he stresses in a crate at the vets. I would too.

C'mon coffee. Do something here!

Awwww. How’s the little guy doing?

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm so glad I have decent temper management and think things through. I'm so angry at my aunt and uncle during this whole estate thing and learning they screwed my step dad over extra pisses me off. Family is super important to me and I help them out all the time. I'm super aggravated with them and it's taken holding my tongue to keep peace. I know if I go off and them it will cause issues and I've got my dads side of how we handle things that you don't disrespect so I'm just ugh
I gotta tell you my experience. Everyone handles the grieving process differently and adding inheritance “stuff” on top of the process makes the stress levels worse. All I can advise you is to just breath and be very, very forgiving.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I gotta tell you my experience. Everyone handles the grieving process differently and adding inheritance “stuff” on top of the process makes the stress levels worse. All I can advise you is to just breath and be very, very forgiving.
I've been quite calm. Pissed off but never have shown it. It's not worth it in the end

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Well not as mad now got some good news. If it works out my family is getting a house with a lot of history. In a town called Hornitos that was a 1800s town there is a old store that was converted into a nice house. It's up for sale and my step father's friend know the owner and they have a meeting on it. So keeping hopes up and will be super neat and bonus for me great metal detecting area.
That’s good news.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think you have told us about that tree before, but it is very good to be reminded. So, does the forestry department go around spray painting them, or what?
I would have thought that getting rid of them permanently would be more in order.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
My daughter and son-in-law found a town dump. There are several trees uprooted exposing the trash. I wouldn’t say that I found anything super old, but I got some stuff. I actually left more jars /bottles for someone else to claim.

7B3A2BDC-5340-4219-9AED-A629C7B8D04B.jpeg

B3D5C13A-8826-4929-A487-0ECACE4CA2FB.jpeg

04604714-E335-4801-9343-57070BF9CB79.jpeg

C0D04BA4-5044-4AF4-A3F3-E0B356280830.jpeg

I have no idea what the sign says. I couldn’t read it and it was too dangerous to climb up the root ball. 🤪😂

AE219A83-4160-43E3-B2C4-2C340B986638.jpeg

8DF7E822-27C6-44F6-8A11-ADD0EE166807.jpeg

I think the milk bottle is the best find.

OP
OP
ARC

ARC

Gold Member
Aug 19, 2014
Tarpon Springs
Detector(s) used
JW 8X-ML X2-VP 585
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I would have thought that getting rid of them permanently would be more in order.
Well whadaya know....

"informally known as a "beach apple"—are scarce. Aside from the short-term danger, some manchineel compounds may be co-carcinogenic, promoting the growth of benign and malignant tumors."

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My daughter and son-in-law found a town dump. There are several trees uprooted exposing the trash. I wouldn’t say that I found anything super old, but I got some stuff. I actually left more jars /bottles for someone else to claim.

View attachment 2033176

View attachment 2033177

View attachment 2033178

View attachment 2033179

I have no idea what the sign says. I couldn’t read it and it was too dangerous to climb up the root ball. 🤪😂

View attachment 2033180

View attachment 2033181

I think the milk bottle is the best find.
Nice. And I think the sign said, "Absolutely No Dianamite". So should be safe from explosions there.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Awwww. How’s the little guy doing?
surprisingly well.
Have him isolated by using the bulldogs pen. He is in the living room with everyone. Just no contact.

Tonge hanging out the side with no teeth now and then.
I'm not sure how many other teeth he has left.
He drank well. Fed him twice ; small portions of soft food. Easy does it after surgery.

Vet did right on not over anesthetizing him it appears. We've had a couple I'd about swear got partly brain damaged.
Full recovery for one took days. No excuse for that in my opinion.

He gave me a couple grunts when I picked him up. His way of saying he is content. He does that when he cuddles on his own free will against me at night too.
Or just when he's all set. l.o.l..

We'll see how mornin suits him.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread