THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Running 🏃‍♂️ for this and that, doing this and that.
Where did I put the hearing protection/radio headphones. Just had them, crunch.
Oh ya I just remembered, I left on the track of the Excavator. The silence is numbing.

20220624_133028.jpg

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
All is forgiven! I accept your gracious apology and pledge fealty to your restored rank as 1st mate and my demotion to the former lowly status of cabin boy. Tis partially my fault for throwing open the door to the rum locker for free access to all the crew.As power corrupts,I was surely corrupted by the heady experience of being appointed Captain of such a fine ship and crew. Your kind words are truly appreciated.
Oh no sir, I must disagree. I saw no fault or failings in your leadership. It was I and any other drunken crew member that took advantage of your kindness. I refuse the rank of 1st mate and would rather be Cabin Boy Second Class serving under you. At your command sir.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh no sir, I must disagree. I saw no fault or failings in your leadership. It was I and any other drunken crew member that took advantage of your kindness. I refuse the rank of 1st mate and would rather be Cabin Boy Second Class serving under you. At your command sir.
I reluctantly assume the mantle.After my last experience as Kiptin I hesitate to presume that exalted rank but in the interests of a tidy and trim ship I am persuaded by your logic. Set all sail,trim the jibs and spank the spinnakers.Keep a sharp lookout for reefs and White Whales,sharpen the harpoons,then ship the oars.Load all cannon with grapeshot against boarders. Secure the rum locker with triple locks,there,ll be no repeat of the last escapades.Hoist the black flag and prepare to slit throats.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I reluctantly assume the mantle.After my last experience as Kiptin I hesitate to presume that exalted rank but in the interests of a tidy and trim ship I am persuaded by your logic. Set all sail,trim the jibs and spank the spinnakers.Keep a sharp lookout for reefs and White Whales,sharpen the harpoons,then ship the oars.Load all cannon with grapeshot against boarders. Secure the rum locker with triple locks,there,ll be no repeat of the last escapades.Hoist the black flag and prepare to slit throats.
Brilliant!! We serve with glee, Kiptin.
The ship is a whirlwind of action carrying out your commands! Thanks for allowing me to serve, Kiptin.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Brilliant!! We serve with glee, Kiptin.
The ship is a whirlwind of action carrying out your commands! Thanks for allowing me to serve, Kiptin.
Tis a pleasure to have a crew that while a bit scurvy,and unruly when drunk on rum,still can perform such a marvelous feat of seamanship when given the chance and led by a Kiptin of daring and intrepidity. I shall endeavor to persevere as a Kiptin who deserves such a crew under my command. Heave Ho,wait! What? No,not that hoe! Weigh anchor and steer 3 points off the Starboard bow,ahead warp factor___? Wrong movie,never mind!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis a pleasure to have a crew that while a bit scurvy,and unruly when drunk on rum,still can perform such a marvelous feat of seamanship when given the chance and led by a Kiptin of daring and intrepidity. I shall endeavor to persevere as a Kiptin who deserves such a crew under my command. Heave Ho,wait! What? No,not that hoe! Weigh anchor and steer 3 points off the Starboard bow,ahead warp factor___? Wrong movie,never mind!
Tis ok, Kiptin. It is my failing. I confused you with the flurry of action near the bridge.
Sir, I have the coordinates from the tracking devise placed on that scurvy dog Bart's vessel. They will lead us directly to "el angel bueno" the spanish galleon of Juan Menendez. Shall we set course for the wreck sir? Much gold awaits us.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Tis ok, Kiptin. It is my failing. I confused you with the flurry of action near the bridge.
Sir, I have the coordinates from the tracking devise placed on that scurvy dog Bart's vessel. They will lead us directly to "el angel bueno" the spanish galleon of Juan Menendez. Shall we set course for the wreck sir? Much gold awaits us.
Aye,1st mate.Tis that pirate Bart that knows the location of much treasure.Indeed have the helmsman steer a course directly for that location.Perhaps we can arrive while that scurvy dog Bart is under the water gleaning the treasure only he knows the location of,that greedy pirate! We,ll lay all guns on his rickety ship,and I use that word in jest,and when he surfaces we,ll have a surprise waiting for him. I know his crew,a craven bunch with no courage to speak of,disloyal too.We,ll reap the profits of his labor and sail off into the sunset,or sunrise as the case may be,leaving him to weep bitter tears and resort to copius amounts of rum to drown his sorrow. First we,ll force him to reveal the co-ordinates to all his treasure that he has so far refused to reveal. Sharpen the sabers and cutlasses in the event we have to board his ship.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye,1st mate.Tis that pirate Bart that knows the location of much treasure.Indeed have the helmsman steer a course directly for that location.Perhaps we can arrive while that scurvy dog Bart is under the water gleaning the treasure only he knows the location of,that greedy pirate! We,ll lay all guns on his rickety ship,and I use that word in jest,and when he surfaces we,ll have a surprise waiting for him. I know his crew,a craven bunch with no courage to speak of,disloyal too.We,ll reap the profits of his labor and sail off into the sunset,or sunrise as the case may be,leaving him to weep bitter tears and resort to copius amounts of rum to drown his sorrow. First we,ll force him to reveal the co-ordinates to all his treasure that he has so far refused to reveal. Sharpen the sabers and cutlasses in the event we have to board his ship.
Aye, aye, Kiptin. Orders are clear and the crew is happy to finally give that scurvy dog his dues. Will he not be surprised while on the bottom gathering OUR treasure to his ship sinking to the bottom beside him.
I would ask one favor, most gracious Kiptin. May I be the one that forces him to walk the plank. I have some very bloody steaks to tie around his neck for that short walk.

crashbandicoot

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2020
Dumas,AR
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye, aye, Kiptin. Orders are clear and the crew is happy to finally give that scurvy dog his dues. Will he not be surprised while on the bottom gathering OUR treasure to his ship sinking to the bottom beside him.
I would ask one favor, most gracious Kiptin. May I be the one that forces him to walk the plank. I have some very bloody steaks to tie around his neck for that short walk.
Aye mate,you can give the greedy dog his due.After we confiscate the treasure and force the location of his other treasures from him. Holding out on his fellow pirates is not nice,he has a long and checkered past of doing that very thing. But,bloody steaks? T-bones? No need to waste good steaks on the likes of him.The sharks and barracudas will be happy to finally give him his due!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Running 🏃‍♂️ for this and that, doing this and that.
Where did I put the hearing protection/radio headphones. Just had them, crunch.
Oh ya I just remembered, I left on the track of the Excavator. The silence is numbing.

View attachment 2033606

Ouch.

Just in from mowing.(?)
Cooled down outside so I fired up the riding mower I had one mowing of the new blades on.
Cloud of dust.
Ran over my best mole trap. Stalled out the mower after a few whacks.

Grabbed the push mower I got running the other day. Safety stop cable broke first try .
None around in stock but places will order them for me.
Online search gives most the part number but different measurements than the after market cable I broke that was a replacement part before.
Ordered one.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Aye mate,you can give the greedy dog his due.After we confiscate the treasure and force the location of his other treasures from him. Holding out on his fellow pirates is not nice,he has a long and checkered past of doing that very thing. But,bloody steaks? T-bones? No need to waste good steaks on the likes of him.The sharks and barracudas will be happy to finally give him his due!
The whole crew is anxious to watch him enter Davy Jones Locker via the belly of a shark.

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Ouch.

Just in from mowing.(?)
Cooled down outside so I fired up the riding mower I had one mowing of the new blades on.
Cloud of dust.
Ran over my best mole trap. Stalled out the mower after a few whacks.

Grabbed the push mower I got running the other day. Safety stop cable broke first try .
None around in stock but places will order them for me.
Online search gives most the part number but different measurements than the after market cable I broke that was a replacement part before.
Ordered one.
Some days are just designed to make life a challenge it seems.
Needed to fuel up the excavator, looked down big drop on the boot. Oh crap, did the second Jerry can, looked down and I'm swimming in diesel.
Nice finish for the day.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Er,ah! I don,t think that,s the part of a shark he,ll enter that fabled locker from!:laughing7::icon_thumleft::notworthy:
:notworthy:
Aye, Kiptin. Your wit is keen and your words are true. Before entering the bowels of Davy's locker a shark's bowels shall be his passageway.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread