THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Happy Birthday to you all down there in the Stars and Stripes.

Today is my dry day-July 4th-I gave up the rum 37yrs ago.(Best day of my life actually)
So after working with the excavator for the past 30 days-I'm going to play in the dirt.

The Mrs said: Arn't you even going to wait till they pick up the machine?
" Nope-they don't need me to load it-just going to top up the fuel and leave the key in it"
"You're probably going to be too tired to dig tomorrow "
🤣-Me? Ppphhhttt!
(Even if I am-I'd never admit it)

Now where to go?

All the permissions are planted-most of the fields aren't cut of hay even this year.

Oh I think I'll go to a permission that has a dump in the bush, and dig some glass.
On the top it has some old advertising tins (still readable actually)
Saw some soda pops from the early 60's.
It's all too new for my liking, but it might get older further down in the dump.
The land owner told me about it years ago.
The lay of the land it made for a good dump. Little raised bluff, then a 20ft rock cliff to bush below.

So I'll put on the bug proofing net hat (bee keeper) and go dig in the shade of the forest.
I dug broken glass and pottery on the other side of the rock knoll dating back into the mid 1800s so the old is near.
Looking at the lay of the land and the dump pile, it's probably 4-5 ft deep at least.
Little of everything it looks like, even page wire fencing thrown on top-just to make life interesting.

So the detector is charged, scratcher and shovel are loaded. That's the plan, for this day, is to scratch an itch, that's been itching for 6 yrs now since I first scratched around it.
So here I come you blood sucking insects-probably going to have a tick latched someplace tonight.🤣
Have a great day today everyone.

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Today is my dry day-July 4th-I gave up the rum 37yrs ago.(Best day of my life actually)
So after working with the excavator for the past 30 days-I'm going to play in the dirt.

" Nope-they don't need me to load it-just going to top up the fuel and leave the key in it"
🤣-Me? Ppphhhttt!

Now where to go?

All the permissions are planted-most of the fields aren't cut of hay even this year.

Oh I think I'll go to a permission that has a dump in the bush, and dig some glass.
It's all too new for my liking, but it might get older further down in the dump.
The lay of the land it made for a good dump. Little raised bluff, then a 20ft rock cliff to bush below.

So I'll put on the bug proofing net hat (bee keeper) and go dig in the shade of the forest.
I dug broken glass and pottery on the other side of the rock knoll dating back into the mid 1800s so the old is near.
Looking at the lay of the land and the dump pile, it's probably 4-5 ft deep at least.
Little of everything it looks like, even page wire fencing thrown on top-just to make life interesting.

So the detector is charged, scratcher and shovel are loaded. That's the plan, for this day, is to scratch an itch, that's been itching for 6 yrs now since I first scratched around it.
So here I come you blood sucking insects-probably going to have a tick latched someplace tonight.🤣
Thanks. Have fun, be safe, and good luck. Hope you find some nice treasures.

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy 4th everyone Time to make the doughnuts... (pavement style):headbang::usflag:
021.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

🤣-Me? Ppphhhttt!

Now where to go?

Have a great dig pepper.....good luck and get the goods !!

traveller777

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030 & Explorer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Happy Independence day!
Where is Red Coat...wanna rub it in! 😂✌❤
Doubt will do any good. I lived there for about 5 years and tried to get them to join me in Independence Day celebration each year but they did not seem to see the humor.

Zakon Krzyżacki

May 25, 2022
Doubt will do any good. I lived there for about 5 years and tried to get them to join me in Independence Day celebration each year but they did not seem to see the humor.
The world needs to work on its sense of humor.
Quick too.
Wormwood.
An earth shattering kaboom..
Kinda exciting.
Will witness the end of everything.

This no vehicle crap is crap.
Think I will get a mule or two.
Ride it to the grocery store.
The Amish do it..

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great morning all and happy 4th all my TNet friends. I wish you all a wonderful and safe one. Times may be hard and I'm not happy with everything but still proud of my country and love it.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread