THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

old texan

Sep 8, 2021
smack dab in the heart of texas
Detector(s) used
white's classic II white's dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Off to hunt the treasure coast.....and fish the fall bait run with my son.
Oh I bet your going to have great results in both fishing & treasure hunting. I'm going to say, you are going to have some most unbelieveable good finds in times to come. Cant wait for your results.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh I bet your going to have great results in both fishing & treasure hunting. I'm going to say, you are going to have some most unbelieveable good finds in times to come. Cant wait for your results.
Thank you for your encouraging words !!

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Was just commenting the other day on the fact that we have never seen a Swan on the bay.
Well it happened :hello2:
See them?

DSCN1724_1.jpg

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man....if I could just get one coin off the 1715 fleet !! To have coins and treasure from both fleets would put me in a rare club of treasure hunters. The odds of finding a piece of treasure from the 1733 fleet are almost impossible, and far less likely than finding a 1715 piece. So I've already done the hard part of this treasure hunting quest, and now its another chance to complete this treasure hunting goal. When I lived on the treasure coast (vero) I was deep into my amateur surfing career, and cared little about trying to find treasure. I would surf the outer reef at riomar beach.....the take off zone was right over the galleon wreck "nueastra senora del carmen". One day in a noreaster my crew and I were surfing Rio mar reef in a fierce long shore current....one wave and you were swept north a half mile only to have to walk back south to the paddle out spot. As I walked back to the surf spot I watched as as a metal detectorist recovered a gold and amethyst treasure fleet ring !! He was doing the happy dance and I walked up to see what he found....that moment changed me, and I started to half ass search for treasure every now and again when I couldn't surf or fish. Later my friends father (the infamous drug smuggler tom ruck) would go on to find many gold lima escudos in chest deep water on the inside edge of riomar reef. My best friend and I found an english musket from Henry Jennings landing spot south of the spanish salvors camp sight....the state took it from us because our science teacher in high school said we should let the state examine it.....we never got it back !! They wanted to know where we got it exactly..... we lied and sent them on a goose chase. I still have that spot and no one ever goes there. Perhaps I'll return to it this trip.....I have not been to it since I was about 21. Wish I had been into the treasure scene back then ??

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Man....if I could just get one coin off the 1715 fleet !! To have coins and treasure from both fleets would put me in a rare club of treasure hunters. The odds of finding a piece of treasure from the 1733 fleet are almost impossible, and far less likely than finding a 1715 piece. So I've already done the hard part of this treasure hunting quest, and now its another chance to complete this treasure hunting goal. When I lived on the treasure coast (vero) I was deep into my amateur surfing career, and cared little about trying to find treasure. I would surf the outer reef at riomar beach.....the take off zone was right over the galleon wreck "nueastra senora del carmen". One day in a noreaster my crew and I were surfing Rio mar reef in a fierce long shore current....one wave and you were swept north a half mile only to have to walk back south to the paddle out spot. As I walked back to the surf spot I watched as as a metal detectorist recovered a gold and amethyst treasure fleet ring !! He was doing the happy dance and I walked up to see what he found....that moment changed me, and I started to half ass search for treasure every now and again when I couldn't surf or fish. Later my friends father (the infamous drug smuggler tom ruck) would go on to find many gold lima escudos in chest deep water on the inside edge of riomar reef. My best friend and I found an english musket from Henry Jennings landing spot south of the spanish salvors camp sight....the state took it from us because our science teacher in high school said we should let the state examine it.....we never got it back !! They wanted to know where we got it exactly..... we lied and sent them on a goose chase. I still have that spot and no one ever goes there. Perhaps I'll return to it this trip.....I have not been to it since I was about 21. Wish I had been into the treasure scene back then ??
I love how you share your bucklist dreams with us. Gets me all goose bumpy.

I guess we all have that stage of "before interested in treasure hunting" no matter what type of treasure it is. When we were in our early 20's and bought our first house, that's when I first found old bottles in the crawl space. Oh I wish I would have dug under there more.

Last edited:

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"One such lucky beachcomber is Jonah Martinez, who has been combing for buried treasure for 24 years. He discovered almost two dozen silver coins in the Wabasso Beach area in February 2020 while scanning the sands with metal detectors with a group of friends one Friday night. The coins are estimated to be worth around $5,000 to $6,000."

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
"Sebastian Inlet is at the center of the Treasure Coast and is said to be the best place to metal detect in Florida. In the 1980s, treasures with an estimated worth of $300,000 were found within the area. Consequently, present-day treasure hunters come here every year for a chance to find some of these old treasures. If you’re new to this venture, one pro tip is to search along the high-tide line, as this is the best spot to explore for precious items. Also, stay on the beach, as you cannot keep anything found along the dunes."

Again, why can't you keep anything found in the dunes?

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Mornin all.

Computer is wonky. Not adding likes to all and asking if I'm sure I want to on others.
Three red bars keep scrolling topright of screen like it's trying to process.

Ah well. I've got that touch going on.

Went to put snow plow on truck and blew a brake line.
(Edit) Vacuum booster has been sluggish a while prior.
And I've no interest crawling under the hood. Scarcely more ability to.
Now to clean out the bed being used like a storage shed and find someone who'll work on a rusty old truck.

Last edited:

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"Sebastian Inlet is at the center of the Treasure Coast and is said to be the best place to metal detect in Florida. In the 1980s, treasures with an estimated worth of $300,000 were found within the area. Consequently, present-day treasure hunters come here every year for a chance to find some of these old treasures. If you’re new to this venture, one pro tip is to search along the high-tide line, as this is the best spot to explore for precious items. Also, stay on the beach, as you cannot keep anything found along the dunes."

Again, why can't you keep anything found in the dunes?
Shady info WD....generally right but a bit confused about hunting areas and law....your not allowed to even set foot in the dunes....unless its private property. Anything found from the base of the dune to the sea can be kept. Not allowed to hunt on top of the dune.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
"One such lucky beachcomber is Jonah Martinez, who has been combing for buried treasure for 24 years. He discovered almost two dozen silver coins in the Wabasso Beach area in February 2020 while scanning the sands with metal detectors with a group of friends one Friday night. The coins are estimated to be worth around $5,000 to $6,000."
Funny....because he is involved in the treasure salvage industry, and is pretty well known.....he gets the publicity !!

A little known treasure hunter in the fl. Keys named black Bart found a cache of 1733 coins in 2021 and got no publicity at all ?? And just 2 of his coins in the cache could hold values of 20,000$+ EACH !! funny how things can often be carefully managed to create hype....this hype gets you noticed by heavy hitters in the industry, and thats what you need if you want to get a full time treasure job with the best and biggest operators in the treasure world.....similar to getting noticed in Hollywood for your acting skills, only its getting noticed in the small, elite, and exclusive professional treasure world !! A well played social media campaign by Jonah!! And good for him....his stock (so to speak) has risen, and more opportunities, and perhaps investors will seek him out now !!

Your about to see my story do the same thing....this is what I've been doing with Instagram, and all this TV/youtube stuff this last month. Im hoping to get that extra attention that gets me the job position as a professional in the industry that I've dreamed of since that day on vero beach seeing that ring come up....and all those days with grandpa as a young boy looking for pirate treasure in the keys, bahamas, and treasure coast. I may have to switch coins that I wear because this one is about to get a lot of attention !! To go to vero and find that impossible 1715 coin would really be a win for my stock also.....WOOOO HOOOO !! im blessed to even be in this position and sometimes can't believe the opportunity that I have been given in life !! So ill leave at 200pm today and try to complete my 1715 goal this long weekend.....phippsfolly, petes pocket, and gibbsail, will all be there for me to lean on and learn from !! And if I fail....(which is more than likely) ill still have an awsome long weekend with family and friends.....and we will fish like men too !!

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My goals change as I meet them.....its never over and I just set the treasure bar higher !! I would love to find a gold cache, a silver bar, a virgin galleon wreck, etc etc.. once you reach one goal.....set another!! And continue to strive and grow in your feild....whatever that field may be !!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Funny....because he is involved in the treasure salvage industry, and is pretty well known.....he gets the publicity !!

A little known treasure hunter in the fl. Keys named black Bart found a cache of 1733 coins in 2021 and got no publicity at all ?? And just 2 of his coins in the cache could hold values of 20,000$+ EACH !! funny how things can often be carefully managed to create hype....this hype gets you noticed by heavy hitters in the industry, and thats what you need if you want to get a full time treasure job with the best and biggest operators in the treasure world.....similar to getting noticed in Hollywood for your acting skills, only its getting noticed in the small, elite, and exclusive professional treasure world !! A well played social media campaign by Jonah!! And good for him....his stock (so to speak) has risen, and more opportunities, and perhaps investors will seek him out now !!

Your about to see my story do the same thing....this is what I've been doing with Instagram, and all this TV/youtube stuff this last month. Im hoping to get that extra attention that gets me the job position as a professional in the industry that I've dreamed of since that day on vero beach seeing that ring come up....and all those days with grandpa as a young boy looking for pirate treasure in the keys, bahamas, and treasure coast. I may have to switch coins that I wear because this one is about to get a lot of attention !! To go to vero and find that impossible 1715 coin would really be a win for my stock also.....WOOOO HOOOO !! im blessed to even be in this position and sometimes can't believe the opportunity that I have been given in life !! So ill leave at 200pm today and try to complete my 1715 goal this long weekend.....phippsfolly, petes pocket, and gibbsail, will all be there for me to lean on and learn from !! And if I fail....(which is more than likely) ill still have an awsome long weekend with family and friends.....and we will fish like men too !!
Go get ‘em!

FWIW My small circle in Ohio knows about Blak bart. I just don’t know any bigwigs to help you out.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think I found the answer to why no one is allowed on the dunes. Excuse us who are stuck in the cornfields for not getting it.

Yes they are a very sensitive habitat, also long before American law people camped in the dunes....and shipwreck survivors would seek protection from the elements there and make camps. The storms erode the dunes and collapse these old camp sites down to the beach where we can hunt. The Spaniards made camps and stored salvaged treasure in them.....
When the waves erode the spanish camps...treasure and artifact wash out of these dune camps, and old black Bart needs some of that treasure. So you have some treasure washing in from sea, and you have some treasure washing out of the dunes and back out to sea....its a very active zone....the beach !!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread