THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

RTR

Gold Member
Nov 21, 2017
Smith Mt. Lake Va.
Detector(s) used
Teknetics Liberator
Falcon MD-20
Blue Bowl
Angus MacKirk sluice
Miller Table
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WOW ! Parker's on a roll ! ...With 2 wash plants running 24/7 -going thru 10,000 yards of pay dirt per day - With a 3rd wash plant on its way.Produced 575 ounces this week (a shade over 1 million dollars)
019.JPG
018.JPG
022.JPG
this week...

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Fell down the rabbit hole of..........
Gleaming the auction sites........
Started to look at wood screws-then buttons-then watches.....rabbit hole for sure :laughing7:
Now this is interesting
Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.21.49 AM.png

Now this the current 10K scrap price
Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.20.25 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-12-03 at 8.23.22 AM.png

Missing is the word "Gold"

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
How has this worked out for you? I notice the post was in March. I sold an inside sales company back in 2018 and after that started treasure and relic hunting full-time. The one "work" thing I kept doing was trading. I have been a trader since 1998. I turned 45 in Oct. I found your post interested because I am in the process of researching multiple ways to use defi to accomplish something in the treasure-hunting space. I am in the process of starting a DAO to fund legit treasure cache hunting for spots I have researched all over the United States. These DAOs are incredible for something like treasure hunting. They are structured so all activity is of course recorded on the blockchain but it gets even better. Every DAO investor gets a token that represents the assets found while treasure hunting but also each investor gets a vote that is even to all the other DAO investors. You can think of hundreds of examples. Say a site was very promising but once on top of it something changes and it's time to go. The right thing to do is to of course cancel that hunt and move on to the next spot. The decisions are made by the members of the DAO equally. So there is no hierarchy. In essence, this structure takes care of so many issues with traditional business structures and management styles. Hope to hear back. I have some major ideas that include NFTs as well.
Well its been quiet with the NFTs since this big crypto crash.....of coarse when I jumped in with high hopes of being the first with NFTs related to sunken shipwreck treasure, and many ideas about treasure related projects in the metaverse, everything stalled and the bottom dropped out of open seas marketplace. Im still there, but im on pause at the moment....this crypto crash has brought the NFT market to its knees !! Hopefully things will pick up again soon, and NFTs based on objects of reality will gain some legitimacy. So to answer you honestly i have not had one sale and not alot of interest either!!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning Pepperj. Are you bidding on that? Or do you just find it interesting?

Windy as all get out here. I’m doing a little bit of everything today: undecorating, cooking, painting gifts, cleaning and redecorating, bringing in dishes from the barn and incorporating them into my kitchen. Hopefully, the wind dies down so I can swing a little. I found a piece of something last night. I’m guessing it’s part of a buckle, probably horse related.

image.jpg

image.jpg

🤷‍♀️

I dug it up along the sidewalk.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Windy here too !!
I have been reading posts from the scuba groups here. They say January can be windy down in the keys. My dive vacation has been reduced to a long weekend and possibly my friends can’t go even if then. Do you have a dive shop or excursion outfit you would recommend?

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Good morning Pepperj. Are you bidding on that? Or do you just find it interesting?

Windy as all get out here. I’m doing a little bit of everything today: undecorating, cooking, painting gifts, cleaning and redecorating, bringing in dishes from the barn and incorporating them into my kitchen. Hopefully, the wind dies down so I can swing a little. I found a piece of something last night. I’m guessing it’s part of a buckle, probably horse related.

View attachment 2058043

View attachment 2058044

🤷‍♀️

I dug it up along the sidewalk.
Nope-too cheap-I buy on the online auction sites locally.
(I have called many a time over the past decade and corrected the listing.
Getting harder now that they've grown)

Just found it interesting that's all.
Lots of folks get the gold fever-and it's a heavy $$$ lesson.

Learnt young
"Hey look what I bought, Hamilton wrist watch $10 off a dude on the street."
To my brother-in-law that was a collector.

Probably it would of been a good deal but it says "Homilton":laughing7:
Another example of the "School of Hard Knock Learning"

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well faced my anxiety and asked for permission at the house that was once an old church my efforts were in vain though of course. The lady unlocks like ten looks opening the door, barely peeps through and says "I don't know you, so talk through the window. Closes her door locks the many locks open her window. I politely ask about metal detecting she says no of course(I figured). All the while looking at me like I'm some criminal. Mind you I was completely respectful and never mind if someone doesn't want me to metal detect on there property but inside something about her attitude and looking at me like a criminal really rubbed me the wrong way. But oh well life goes on
Oh yes.
Been there!
It's not you.

One man would open his door an inch.
A neighbor and I got permission to cut downed timber to feed our stoves. Don't drive on the property. Don't cut anything standing.
Later we asked to hunt. "No , someone might get shot!"
I didn't ask who or how. Or if he ever left his house.
His land , his business.

No he was not the only one suspicious. l.o.l..

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great morning everyone, I wish you all an amazing day and wonderful weekend. Been rainy and stormy outside here so an inside weekend oh joy.

JVA5th

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2014
Merced, CA
Detector(s) used
Deus 2, Deus XP, AT Pro, Whites TRX pinpointer, Sampson Ground Shark shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh yes.
Been there!
It's not you.

One man would open his door an inch.
A neighbor and I got permission to cut downed timber to feed our stoves. Don't drive on the property. Don't cut anything standing.
Later we asked to hunt. "No , someone might get shot!"
I didn't ask who or how. Or if he ever left his house.
His land , his business.

No he was not the only one suspicious. l.o.l..

Lol it just got to me as brought back feels oh school years I was the quiet one that never talked so people would say mean things and act harshly. So the reaction of assuming I was some bad person or something bugged me. Of course I can't blame some for caution especially a woman on her own especially these days. Just in the moment my feeling were hurt just an over reaction on my part. But I did well and regardless was completely polite the whole interaction.

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Lol it just got to me as brought back feels oh school years I was the quiet one that never talked so people would say mean things and act harshly. So the reaction of assuming I was some bad person or something bugged me. Of course I can't blame some for caution especially a woman on her own especially these days. Just in the moment my feeling were hurt just an over reaction on my part. But I did well and regardless was completely polite the whole interaction.

Heck , you asked! That's enough to know you can power through the reluctance.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions