THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
mornin pep - how are things in your neck of the woods
Well the Max will be happier than me as he loves the white stuff.
Me thinks the dirt digging season has officially ended.
Screen Shot 2022-12-14 at 6.47.23 AM.png

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
See how you are?

Now how ya gonna act?
I looked at shaving mugs with brush holders earlier before posting.
Those with holes to let brush drain looked better designed.

Yes, my daughter explained that to me a little. She said the lather could/would drain back down to the brush. Now I see the potential problem with that being build up and mold that is hard to get out.
Guess I better not work in an antique shop! l.o.l..
Me neither!
My daughter is the one who found that at the thrift store we were at. She’s a barber and kinda delved into the history and collectibles of it. She asked me to ask my Tnet whose mug was on the mug. Then she turned around and found the answers! ROFL!
She’s got a story for me to share, a little trivia, but I will wait until she gets it straight before I repeat it.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Some day, I hope to celebrate like this:

Thats how every Christmas looks for me......I used to celebrate all the holidays at are family compound in the bahamas....unfortunately when my grandfather passed in 1998, the family voted to sell everything we owned in the bahamas (except me and my cousin) !! I miss it tremendously, and are family rarely gets together like we used to !! Now I have to have Christmas in the keys.....darn it !!😂🤣😂

pepperj

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2009
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Deus, Deus 2, Minelab 3030, E-Trac,
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
View attachment 2059738
What do ya think this is....clock parts maybe !!
Looks like it Bart but I am scratching my head on the larger 22 segment wheel.
(Would it be a bell/striker wheel that had a certain rhythm/note)
Most inner clock movements are like the smaller wheel style.

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like it Bart but I am scratching my head on the larger 22 segment wheel.
(Would it be a bell/striker wheel that had a certain rhythm/note)
Most inner clock movements are like the smaller wheel style.
Well....if you look at the cut outs on the 2 pieces....you'll notice there nearly identical in shape. I find these pieces at 2 of my wrecker sites.....ill often find parts of the gears ⚙ broken and whole at both sites.....its still a mystery to me. Clock was my best guess, and I think they date to 1890s-to1920s. There may be a nautical connection, and they could be from a tide clock or something similar !! Just guessing though !!

releventchair

Gold Member
May 9, 2012
Primary Interest:
Other
Well....if you look at the cut outs on the 2 pieces....you'll notice there nearly identical in shape. I find these pieces at 2 of my wrecker sites.....ill often find parts of the gears ⚙ broken and whole at both sites.....its still a mystery to me. Clock was my best guess, and I think they date to 1890s-to1920s. There may be a nautical connection, and they could be from a tide clock or something similar !! Just guessing though !!
Doesn't appear to be gold..

IF the top in picture was 12, 9 and 3 would have erratic movement. Due to shorter spacing of slots.
Other areas have extended amount of surface before engaging an adjacent moving something. Or something moving it.

Still waking up here , but the only thing coming to mind without effort is a wash machines control for wash cycles. Only because compared to a clock it is erratic. Move , pause/hold a while then move again. Move not necessarily meaning move ; it can mean not move till an upcoming notch is engaged again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions