THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
photo-74.JPG

Blak bart

Gold Member
Jun 6, 2016
FL keys
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Mine lab primary fisher secondary
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Rarely do we make new discoveries in the keys, but mother nature can hide things from us for centuries !! This spanish galleon ballast has been hidden in plain sight since 1733. After tropical storm eta last summer this small grass mound in 4 feet of water started to show its hidden treasure of ballast. I waited a year to get back to it and capture it on film. Slowly the grass is receding here and a substantial ballast spill is being exposed. This is what a Spanish galleon wreck looks like....not what people think. A beautiful habitat for fish and coral to thrive in.
#ballastpile #ballastrock #shipwreck

Mackaydon

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2004
N. San Diego Pic of my 2 best 'finds'; son & g/son
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
West coast (of USA) checking in and saying 'Good Morning'. Recently we've had too much drought, then flooding then mud/rock slides (AMTRAK coastal tracks closed) and now another mass shooting. What will this week bring?
Don in SoCal.

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Rarely do we make new discoveries in the keys, but mother nature can hide things from us for centuries !! This spanish galleon ballast has been hidden in plain sight since 1733. After tropical storm eta last summer this small grass mound in 4 feet of water started to show its hidden treasure of ballast. I waited a year to get back to it and capture it on film. Slowly the grass is receding here and a substantial ballast spill is being exposed. This is what a Spanish galleon wreck looks like....not what people think. A beautiful habitat for fish and coral to thrive in.
#ballastpile #ballastrock #shipwreck

Personally, I would rather listen to the bubbles than any music, lol! That’s just me. I would never know that was remnants of a wreck.

blossom

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2022
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Good morning all Good to see some treasure found this weekend Bart and Blossom. I am secretly glad Blossom you have to dig all lead items. Small Adventures looking forward to your finds
Good morning to you DS! 😆.. what i really need is to employ a lad to follow me round the field diggin the holes … last year i could con Himself into doing the digging.. by pretending not to understand the signal.. nd calling him over to “verify it” for me….. now look how far away from me he stays 🙄 xx
24494292-F9C2-49C8-B455-FBCB31E3B2C4.jpeg

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
West coast (of USA) checking in and saying 'Good Morning'. Recently we've had too much drought, then flooding then mud/rock slides (AMTRAK coastal tracks closed) and now another mass shooting. What will this week bring?
Don in SoCal.
Good morning, Don. Your state has been going through a lot. Hopefully you and yours stay safe!

WannaDig3687

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2017
O-H-I-O
Detector(s) used
Garret ATMAX
Primary Interest:
Other
Good morning to you DS! 😆.. what i really need is to employ a lad to follow me round the field diggin the holes … last year i could con Himself into doing the digging.. by pretending not to understand the signal.. nd calling him over to “verify it” for me….. now look how far away from me he stays 🙄 xx View attachment 2066152
Lol! He learned his lesson well!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread