The way I hunt is simple
#1 My job is deep sea fising guide. This job takes me to remote and forgotten parts of the bahamas, and carribean. I never know where i might go, but as the guide and fishing expert, my suggestions are taken very seriously by my bosses. This lets me suggest spots that i know also have opportunity for treasure, and other adventures.
#2 I always pack dive gear, and detectors as part of any adventures we go on....all the boats I work on will have a detector package onboard if I have any control of equipment. Often times weather is bad for fishing, and it's these other exploring and treasurehunting adventures that make those off days interesting for the guests.
#3 research, and this satellite 🛰 exploring let me find points of interest for upcoming trips, and allow me to provision and prepare best. Obviously finding a shipwreck just before I go is exciting, but preparing to explore it provides challenges. It's far from my port, and I need transportation? That's why I got an electric scooter to pack on the boat so if I get the chance I can act on it with success......scooter down with snorkel gear, and check the wreck !! A back pack with snorkel gear, and metal detector and im off at 20+ mph to the spot !!
#4 established network of friends throughout the island is essential....the private property permission and land access is incredible if you have friends, and most of these remote spots are so far out that the people who own them have only seen some of the ruins a few times in there life...they almost always say go and check it out !! A simple car ride from a friend can make or break the hunt ..... gotta have friends !!