THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Now I can get me a Mr Woo too!
View attachment 2140982
Ha ha.. Do it Peps …. everyone needs a Mr Woo … today he was laying in a pool of sunshine with his little tail fanned out.. he looked like a fish/mermaid 🤔… such a totally adorable little creature 😍 xx

IMG_2218.jpeg

Well this isn't a great start to spring. We had a pair of cats -- Bob & Tom. We lost Tom a while back to some mystery ailment (we think he might have gotten into some poison somewhere). And today we lost Bob. Some stupid stray dog wandered through and attacked him. He's a big cat, but it was a bigger dog, and now Bob is at rest out under the oak with Tom. They were good cats and we will miss them.

Bob in front, Tom in back.

bob.jpg

Well this isn't a great start to spring. We had a pair of cats -- Bob & Tom. We lost Tom a while back to some mystery ailment (we think he might have gotten into some poison somewhere). And today we lost Bob. Some stupid stray dog wandered through and attacked him. He's a big cat, but it was a bigger dog, and now Bob is at rest out under the oak with Tom. They were good cats and we will miss them.

View attachment 2141055
Oh no thats awful am so sorry for you 😞 xx sending hugs xx 🤗

View attachment 2141055
I'm truly sorry to hear that you lost your beautiful cat.

Back in 1980 I wasn't doing well 😕
Had my cat, had moved back home for a spell to heal up.
Neighbor's dog killed my cat right in front of the window.
I called them and said
Ralph your dog just killed my cat.
"OK"
Click went the phone.
5 minutes later
Bang!
Few minutes later the phone rings.
Hello
Sorry that happened to your cat Jim.
It won't bother you anymore.

A farmer still living by the old ways.

A farmer still living by the old ways.
That's a good neighbor. Sorry about his dog, and your cat. But yeah, I can relate. I was telling my wife today about how it used to be that, even when you were good friends with your neighbors, if their dog was over terrorizing your chickens or your cows or your pets, it was just expected that you'd put them down and that would be that. Not that you wanted to, mind you, just that's how it was.

Times have changed. Not always for the better.

chatting with my wife in the kitchen yesterday evening when my dish washer tries to burst into flames! Insert loud electricity charged fire noises. I’m glad I was there to intervene.

I nearly shipped my pants.

Attachments

• 1F804FB9-9C4A-429C-B45E-D4105A8BFBE8.jpeg
    1F804FB9-9C4A-429C-B45E-D4105A8BFBE8.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 16
chatting with my wife in the kitchen yesterday evening when my dish washer tries to burst into flames! Insert loud electricity charged fire noises. I’m glad I was there to intervene.

I nearly shipped my pants.
Fed ex or UPS?

I may try this for a big rat I’m struggling to catch. Smart little bugger. Hell set off traps and eat the bait, won’t eat three different kinds of poison I’ve tried.

Maybe I just need to pull an Elmer fud on his ass.
My brother catches rats.
Put food in rat trap for 3 night, but Don't set it.
4th night set the trap.

That's a good neighbor. Sorry about his dog, and your cat. But yeah, I can relate. I was telling my wife today about how it used to be that, even when you were good friends with your neighbors, if their dog was over terrorizing your chickens or your cows or your pets, it was just expected that you'd put them down and that would be that. Not that you wanted to, mind you, just that's how it was.

Times have changed. Not always for the better.
Out west it was just called farmer's law.
Dog comes onto the property and you have livestock or animals, the dog can be put down.
If a pack formed, it was surely dealt with quickly.
Some folks were right cruel though, poison was their trade.
I remember a few times growing up there might be 25+ dogs at a time.
The thing is all of them were in their own yard.

We had a king Shepherd 155 lbs. Twice somebody tried to poison him.
But he didn't take food from except us, and only if he was asked if he was a good watch dog. That training saved his life.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back