Good morning all. At least I hope it's a good morning. The weather radio blasted us awake last night with a tornado warning, and the nearest town ran its storm sirens for half an hour, so the poor souls in town got even less sleep than we did. (This annoys us old fogeys, because back in the day, they used to issue a tornado warning only when there was an actual tornado and you needed to find cover immediately. Nowadays they issue a warning when "conditions are favorable for a tornado to form" -- what they used to call a tornado watch. I know they want to give as much warning as possible so people can hunker down, but crying wolf has the opposite effect, because you never know when to actually take the warning seriously.)
I checked the area newsfeeds this morning and it looks like some folks got some hail and some pretty good wind. It's still dark so I'm not sure if we had any issues yet. But based on the storm that we watched roll through (why not, we were awake anyway...), I doubt there's anything serious.