What's new

THE Random Chat Thread - AKA "The RCT" - No shirt or shoes required - Open 24 / 7

Yeh... Uh huh Yeh... Uh huh Uh huh


huh.gif
 
Yesterday I reinstalled the new hydraulic pump shaft parts. Hooked everything back up filled it with oil.
Zippo, nadda, SFA! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Nothing moved, no grinding noise though.

So today was a rain day, hooked up the rest if the mig welder.
The mig's male plug didn't like my female plug.
So off to buy a new plug.
Gee 20 yrs since I played around with welding.
Sure need to get some practice in again.

Called the hoarding farmer up regarding the splitter and the Ford 4000 backhoe.

"I haven't thought about it yet":dontknow:
 
Yesterday I reinstalled the new hydraulic pump shaft parts. Hooked everything back up filled it with oil.
Zippo, nadda, SFA! :BangHead: :BangHead: :BangHead:
Nothing moved, no grinding noise though.

So today was a rain day, hooked up the rest if the mig welder.
The mig's male plug didn't like my female plug.
So off to buy a new plug.
Gee 20 yrs since I played around with welding.
Sure need to get some practice in again.

Called the hoarding farmer up regarding the splitter and the Ford 4000 backhoe.

"I haven't thought about it yet":dontknow:
I've had a lot of male plug/
female plug issues myself!
 
Spring Chinook Season Extended on the Columbia River!
🐟

With the upriver spring Chinook return on track to come in higher than originally forecast, Oregon and Washington are adding more fishing days to the season!
Biologists now expect 155,500 adult spring Chinook to return this year—up from the initial forecast of 122,500. That means more opportunity for anglers while staying within conservation limits.




spring chinook.webp
 
Recently acquired and read an account of the Charles Sturt expedition searching for an inland sea.
Not this account.

Friend : you live on a harsh continent.
I have watched a few shows on the early explorers and they certainly did it hard. This from an Aus poem about Australia. The bit about droughts and flooding rains couldn't ring truer than at this moment with us in drought right now and in NSW our neighbor state they are having major floods. Some places there with over 200ml of rain, roughly 8 inches, within 24hrs.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!"
 
Spring Chinook Season Extended on the Columbia River!
🐟

With the upriver spring Chinook return on track to come in higher than originally forecast, Oregon and Washington are adding more fishing days to the season!
Biologists now expect 155,500 adult spring Chinook to return this year—up from the initial forecast of 122,500. That means more opportunity for anglers while staying within conservation limits.




View attachment 2209368
Your looking younger! Whatever your doing keep it up 👍
 
I have watched a few shows on the early explorers and they certainly did it hard. This from an Aus poem about Australia. The bit about droughts and flooding rains couldn't ring truer than at this moment with us in drought right now and in NSW our neighbor state they are having major floods. Some places there with over 200ml of rain, roughly 8 inches, within 24hrs.
"I love a sunburnt country,
A land of sweeping plains,
Of ragged mountain ranges,
Of droughts and flooding rains.
I love her far horizons,
I love her jewel-sea,
Her beauty and her terror -
The wide brown land for me!"
People have storage tanks for water? I know as a kid we had a 10,000 gallon tank for water. We never used it though. I grew up on 500 acres and we had springs and well water.
 
People have storage tanks for water? I know as a kid we had a 10,000 gallon tank for water. We never used it though. I grew up on 500 acres and we had springs and well water.
Yeah near every place here in town has a rainwater tank. We have a large one here. Every property outside of the towns have multiple tanks. We get such extended periods of no rain though that sometimes the tanks run dry and people living rural with tanks only, buy water to fill them.
 
Good morning all.

No rain here yet, but they're saying a lot of rain is coming. We shall see.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

  • Back
    Top Bottom