- Joined
- Feb 10, 2022
- Messages
- 5,420
- Reaction score
- 31,207
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Detector(s) used
- Xterra 705
Gold Monster 2000
From the engine or drivetrain?Now I have low harmonic vibration at 30-35mph.
Weird sounding 🤔
From the engine or drivetrain?Now I have low harmonic vibration at 30-35mph.
Weird sounding 🤔
Well it's a vibration from the rear but the harmonic noise is something I question.From the engine or drivetrain?
Well I picked up the Honda from the garage.
A/C didn't get fixed, $2000 quote
New drive shaft
Tire sensor
Oil change
Now I have low harmonic vibration at 30-35mph.
Weird sounding 🤔
Did a little drive over to the flea market in a neighboring town. Spoke to the elder of the place and found out the building was sold. 34 yrs she's been selling there.
Sad day for the vendors.
But I saw some under valued silver coinage in a showcase.
Maybe it's time for a little market sweep up.
Since silver broke the $50 mark
Well it's a vibration from the rear but the harmonic noise is something I question.
Possible drive shaft issue as it was a replacement.
I'll run up to to buddies tire shop this week and get him to balance the tire they played with.
Cheaper than driving 100km round trip to the city.
The Honda drive shafts come as a complete unit. They fail where the front universal will go up and down, but binds going sideways. The rear will do the opposite.Drive shaft not balanced? Bent? U-joint not in right? Wrong u-joint(s)?
Mud/snow/ice on a rear axel can do that too but it wouldn't be there if they were just working on it.
Torque converter grabbing can do that. A fluid type issue in my truck so sayeth the people who don't want to find a better way to prevent glazing.The Honda drive shafts come as a complete unit. They fail where the front universal will go up and down, but binds going sideways. The rear will do the opposite.
Vibration on acceleration
It feels like a person is turning around when the 4 wheel drive is locked in the truck, the jerky motion.
That would put our creeks over the banksThats torrential! Its a wonder there was no major flooding.



They say that the front and back joints work against each other.Torque converter grabbing can do that. A fluid type issue in my truck so sayeth the people who don't want to find a better way to prevent glazing.
The 4wd grabbing type sensation...Like a bearing failing. Or no oil in engine. L.o.l.....
CV joint?
Rear wheel drive with a shaft, maybe the shaft needs a balance, had that once on a Torana I had, in another life when I used to work on my own cars. Or uni joint.Well it's a vibration from the rear but the harmonic noise is something I question.
Possible drive shaft issue as it was a replacement.
I'll run up to to buddies tire shop this week and get him to balance the tire they played with.
Cheaper than driving 100km round trip to the city.
I personally 100% believe such acts are still going on these days with fires being purposely lit by foreign operatives in numerous countries, here included.Famous !! Or infamous ?
In September 1942, Japanese naval pilot Nobuo Fujita carried out the only aerial bombing of the U.S. mainland during World War II.
Flying a small seaplane launched from a submarine off the Oregon coast, Fujita’s mission was to ignite massive forest fires that would divert American military resources.
His target was the wooded area near Brookings, Oregon.
On September 9, he took off in his Yokosuka E14Y “Glen” aircraft carrying two 168-pound incendiary bombs.
He dropped them over the dense forest near Mount Emily, hoping the dry timber would catch fire.
However, recent rainfall had dampened the area, and the fires failed to spread.
The small blazes were quickly extinguished by local forest rangers, and the attack caused no casualties. A second attempt later that month also failed.
After the war, the event was largely forgotten until 1962, when the town of Brookings invited Nobuo Fujita to visit as a gesture of reconciliation.
Initially unsure how he would be received, Fujita traveled to Oregon at his own expense.
During a public ceremony, he formally apologized for his actions and presented his family’s 400-year-old samurai sword to the city as a symbol of peace and friendship.
View attachment 2228727
I
Spoke to soon. Right after lunch I believe everyone in town came shoppingBeautiful weather today
Store is slower than usual