I am in the market for a new metal detector! (soon, not now.) My grandma out of the blue struck a deal with me. If I can raise $350 (which on ebay, with a few prayers, is no problem), she can raise the other half to buy me a new metal detector. I can't make up my mind though...AT MAX, or Equinox?
(I actually have the money now, but because I'm a miser, I like having some cash left over)

I am in the market for a new metal detector! (soon, not now.) My grandma out of the blue struck a deal with me. If I can raise $350 (which on ebay, with a few prayers, is no problem), she can raise the other half to buy me a new metal detector. I can't make up my mind though...AT MAX, or Equinox?
(I actually have the money now, but because I'm a miser, I like having some cash left over)
) Now, it's too late for warranty. What I have noticed is the AT MAX seems to be extremely sensitive. So, when I am at home trying to detect around the electrical lines, I use my Delta 4000 because I can get closer to them than with the Max. Also, learning that the cell phone interferes with the Max is good info. The Max can and does find the teeniest tiniest splinters of metal, too. I am a little OCD when digging, so when I get a hit, I wont stop until I figure out what it is.


I watched a lot of videos last night on both machines, and I have deduced that they are almost exactly the same. Almost identical depth and stuff, but the only problem is the Equinox has a USB charger. I like the good ol' batteries myself, so I'll have to look at how the AT charges.
Now I've heard of AT MAX, AT PRO, AT NOX, and I think something else...which AT is better?
The AT Pro first came out in 2012, that was the year I bought mine, the first machine I used was the Garrett Ace 350.
In my opinion, the AT Max is simply a more up-to-date version of the AT Pro, likely relaunched for marketing purposes by Garrett.
I found the training videos on the Garrett website very helpful when I first started using the AT Pro... https://www.garrett.com/hobbysite/hbby_at_max_videos_en.aspx
Dave
WD, YOU'RE BACK!
Welcome to the new ship...the old one sunk because uh,....well anyway, it's new, improved, and much more friendly now.
The rum has been perfectly aged, with Beep guarding it in your absence.![]()
Ehhhh, I couldn't resist. The withdrawls are killing me! I am still in troubled waters, so I am clinging to the bridge, (Cue Bill)