The Spiral Staircase Mine near Hieroglyphic Canyon

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good morning All: There was a book written about the Spiral Staircase Mine. I only have two pages from it but no other information or identification. The people mentioned on the two pages are Paul, Mike an old cowboy, Fred who worked at the Black Queen Gold mine and Salvador spelled Salvastore in the book and the book's author who is not named. They talk about meeting at Cobb's. Later the next morning they piled into Paul's van and took off for the mountains. Does this ring a bell with any of you. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Good morning All: There was a book written about the Spiral Staircase Mine. I only have two pages from it but no other information or identification. The people mentioned on the two pages are Paul, Mike an old cowboy, Fred who worked at the Black Queen Gold mine and Salvador spelled Salvastore in the book and the book's author who is not named. They talk about meeting at Cobb's. Later the next morning they piled into Paul's van and took off for the mountains. Does this ring a bell with any of you. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis
greg...i know paul and possibly mike...i don't like to post their names as they are still living...send me a private message and we can talk or hit me up at the rendezvous

OP
OP
G

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks azdave35 but I do not need there names just the name of the book and author. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

cactusjumper

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Arizona

Greg,

You might try this author: Richard Dannelley. I believe he wrote some books about vortex's, mainly around Sedona, but believe he mentioned a spiral staircase in the Supe's in one of his books.:dontknow:

Hope to see you at the Rendezvous.

Tale care.

Joe

coazon de oro

Bronze Member
May 7, 2010
texas
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy Mr. Davis,

Terry Carter put out a video with Salvador Delgadillo, titled The Superstition Mountains Ancient Lost Stone Staircase Treasure. I don't know if it is the same staircase that you are referring too? Salvador talks about an Mayan calendar taken from the mountains to a Mormon church in Mesa.

Homar

Last edited:
OP
OP
G

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello All: If I Knew how to post a picture on a post I would do so with the page I have. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Hinterlander

Dec 28, 2016
AZ
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Gregory,

The book you are looking for is "Spirits in the Mountain, Very Very Dangerous, Find the Heart Find the Treasure" by William Johnson & Michael Johnson. I recently picked up a copy of this book, but haven't had a chance to read it in its entirety yet. I happened to have a conversation with the author (William) at last year's rendezvous, so when I saw the book in a used book store I had to buy it. I plan on attending this year's rendezvous and would be happy to lend it to you if you're interested. Maybe William will also be attending?

Sal

OP
OP
G

Gregory E. Davis

Oct 22, 2013
Tempe, Arizona
Detector(s) used
eyeball it
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Good evening Sal: Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. Great job in locating the book. Cordially, Gregory E. Davis

Al D

Bronze Member
Jul 23, 2011
Gold canyon AZ
Detector(s) used
DJI Air 2S
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
A copy is available on e bay

Attachments

• 023F8870-3F87-4A9F-AC01-48628DEACA9B.jpeg
    023F8870-3F87-4A9F-AC01-48628DEACA9B.jpeg
    145 KB · Views: 167

vastterrain

Sep 1, 2012
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
33° 24.212'N 111° 25.689'W The "Staircase Mine"....and 130ft to the S.S.E is a collapsed drift access on the side of that hill.

Last edited:

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Greg,

I know the story you are talking about. The guy that says he went into the tunnel did not. He told the story and posted several pictures of the outside of the vertical pit that intersects the horizontal part of the tunnel. Never posted a single pic of the interior of the tunnel. I believe he made up that whole part of his story.

Nobody has been more than about ten feet into the horizontal adit since about 1980.

It is dangerous as heII. It was dug through a big alluvial deposit. Its not even caliche. Its just packed sand and rocks ranging from gravel to boulders.

Mike

Last edited:

azdave35

Silver Member
Dec 19, 2008
Greg,

I know the story you are talking about. The guy that says he went into the tunnel did not. He told the story and posted several pictures of the outside of the vertical pit that intersects the horizontal part of the tunnel. Never posted a single pic of the interior of the tunnel. I believe he made up that whole part of his story.

Nobody has been more than about ten feet into the horizontal adit since about 1980.

It is dangerous as heII. It was dug through a big alluvial deposit. Its not even caliche. Its just packed sand and rocks ranging from gravel to boulders.

Mike
i'm not positive but i think andy sinbad was the first to poke around up there

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Minelab SD2200D (Modded)/ Whites GMT 24k / Fisher FX-3 / Fisher Gold Bug II / Fisher Gemini / Schiebel MIMID / Falcon MD-20
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i'm not positive but i think andy sinbad was the first to poke around up there

Nope. Looks like people were looking at that in the 1920s or 1930s. The Hieroglyphic Calendar Stone the Mormons had may have been related, but it has disappeared now.

Mike

gollum

Gold Member
Jan 2, 2006
Arizona Vagrant
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread