What's new

This was all in one bag of halves !(image included)

coolpix9

Bronze Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2007
Messages
1,224
Reaction score
30
Golden Thread
0
Primary Interest:
Other
One of my old dump banks called me and said they had a full bag of halves.(yes,I do give my banks my phone number) I am expecting a big payday.. I ended up with 5-90%ers and 2-40%ers :tard:. I don't live anywhere near Canada but the bag had quite a few. I didn't bother counting the bag to see if I was shorted,I assume I was. Good Hunting out there !!!!! Jim
 

Attachments

  • bag o crap.webp
    bag o crap.webp
    44.1 KB · Views: 664
Upvote 0
This may be a little clearer.
 

Attachments

  • Untitled-1 copy.webp
    Untitled-1 copy.webp
    201 KB · Views: 648
??? guitar picks?
 
That is quite a mix of items you got there & some of the strangest half's I have ever seen.
 
Nice canadian large cent! ....probably worth more than $0.50

HH
-GC
 
Why did you leave the bicentenial cent in there?
 
I guess you might call it a fox paw.
 
was wondering if you knew anything about those presidential tokens at the top of the pic? i found one once and couldnt find anything on it :dontknow:
 
Apparently they were offered by Shell some years back. I think there were 8 presidents on a cardboard holder. Why I got only 7 in a bag is unknown to me. Jim
 
How much for the Harley pick haha? Got ME beat, most I ever found in a bag was two- picks that is. HH Mark
 
Soooooo going by this post you should be able to dump a sack of guitar picks into a coinstar machine and get cash for them???? Not that I would advocate such an act.
 
ac385 said:
Soooooo going by this post you should be able to dump a sack of guitar picks into a coinstar machine and get cash for them???? Not that I would advocate such an act.

I once asked my credit union what they did with all the rejects and she said they just toos them in the bags......

Mojo
 
Those presidential tokens were made by Shell in the 60's, I think, Im not too sure about the dates, but I have a bag full of them that my dad gave me. Also, It may not be easy to do, but try cashing all that canadian stuff for US dollars. If I remember correctly, the canadian dollar is still worth a little but more than the US dollar.

Just a thought,

Alex.
 
alexfm123 said:
Those presidential tokens were made by Shell in the 60's, I think, Im not too sure about the dates, but I have a bag full of them that my dad gave me. Also, It may not be easy to do, but try cashing all that canadian stuff for US dollars. If I remember correctly, the canadian dollar is still worth a little but more than the US dollar.

Just a thought,

Alex.

They are close to even, but the US dollar is still worth slightly more.

$1 US = $1.06 Canadian

http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-converter#from=USD;to=CAD;amt=1
 
I have gotten a pick too in a bag of halves. Welcome to the club.

I am in SoCA and spend canadian just like U.S. I usually always have a few canadian, when I pay i just mix in one canadian coins with U.S., never a problem. I do the magnet test first on dimes and quarters. If it sticks I spend. If not it is silver.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom