Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2009
Bradenton, Fl
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Aquasound, Excal 2, Excal (NY), Infinium
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thursday I went to a beach north of us with my hunting buddy, Ken. 2 other hunters were out in the water when we arrived, not very friendly folk. Ken was the first to hit gold, a nice 6.1gr. 14kt. band. He then got a tungsten band to add to his collection along with several coins. I got several signals and dug 2 very crusted silver rings that were super deep. I then got a very deep signal which started to sound like a pull tab but as I went deeper the tone started changing to a low mellow sound. Dug a nice 3.1gr. 14kt.gold ladies ring with a small diamond.

Here are the photos of the silver rings before and after cleaning.

Last photo is from Tuesday, I had a stainless day with 2 men's rings, one which says AC/DC.

Attachments

• Tues and Thurs 002.JPG
    Tues and Thurs 002.JPG
    383.2 KB · Views: 129
  • Tues and Thurs 001.JPG
    Tues and Thurs 001.JPG
    407.8 KB · Views: 135
  • Tues and Thurs 005.JPG
    Tues and Thurs 005.JPG
    372.1 KB · Views: 128
  • Tues and Thurs 004.JPG
    Tues and Thurs 004.JPG
    434.5 KB · Views: 148
Upvote 0
You got some nice ones Les...those silvers cleaned up really good...some people dont like anyone detecting in sight of them, you showed em there was plenty for everybody.

You made some really nice finds, good job on the silver and gold!

Gold with ice! And two old silver that cleaned up so nice. Congrats again Les! You are one of the best. What method do you use to clean up your silver? It is better than I could imagine.

absolutely love early AC/DC (when Bon was singing) - so sweet haul Les!

Beautiful gold ring there Les...... looks like you had a VERY VERY good week. Those sure cleaned up nice. there are some UNFRIENDLY people out there. Must have been a hard decision as to who got the dollar lol.

Dew

They must be none believers! U know the kind! At least your the winner. U do clean'em up well! :cry :cry :beer

I like the ladies ring with diamond. The two colors of gold go nice together. It looks high quality with little wear. I wonder if it isn't the wedding band and there is a much larger engagement ring still out there waiting.... Nice hunt..

I like the ladies ring with diamond. The two colors of gold go nice together. It looks high quality with little wear. I wonder if it isn't the wedding band and there is a much larger engagement ring still out there waiting.... Nice hunt..

Isn't a wedding band but it looks like it was not worn long when lost. my wife likes it because it is a contemporary design.

Nice hunt . Congratulations to Ken and yourself. :occasion14:

sweet gold Les! congrats! I'll miss the meeting this months so I'm sorry I won't get to see all your loot close up!

Good for you.
I go to some exclusive areas to hunt
and feel the chill. "Shouldn't you go to Waikiki"?
Is a common comment. Oh well, as long as its
not against the law I'm free to hunt when and where
I like.

Last edited:
Love the diamond ring. Looks like a good week for you!

:blob8: smoking on the rings Les
the AC/DC ring is cool too and cleaned up really nice.............Back from​ Black

Les if everybody in this country worked as hard as you we would not be in the condition we are in! Great haul.

Beautiful gold ring there Les...... looks like you had a VERY VERY good week. Those sure cleaned up nice. there are some UNFRIENDLY people out there. Must have been a hard decision as to who got the dollar lol.

Dew

Ken got the dollar bet. He is starting to get real hot with his new 3030. He is hitting gold a lot!
Here is a better picture of the silver after cleaning.Tues and Thurs 001.JPG

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back