Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Few weeks?

Pffffft, we have until June before the thaw even gets going.

Then the snow will be back by September.

WM

I'm right there with you Cjon, I'm in NWPA, we are frozen in and don't see any thaw for at least a month. Now, that being said, if the snow would melt a little and give me an opportunity to swing the coil, I will take it, that's if the ground isn't so frozen I'd need a jack hammer.

I hear ya, Just got my detector Thursday....Been research'n and read'n forum....Gonna get outside for a bit today..My land i'll dig with a pick if need be

I'm thinking about trying to hunt in the woods here in Blair/Bedford co. area. Most winters I can dig where there is a heavy floor cover of leaves. Oak woods are best for that. I havent tried.
Been thinking more about modifying an old metal detector into a morel detector..... :-)

IM THERE--:occasion14:---SICK OF COLD AND SNOW---2 WEEKS TILL MARCH, IM DIGGIN 1 WAY OR ANOTHER---GOTTA GET OUT, BEER AND BRANDY STOCK IS GETTIN LOW--LOL

Last edited:
Sunny n 50 in NW IN today so I had to get out. Tomorrow supposed to be single digit windchills. Dugs some clad or should I say picked some dirt down to the clad. Didn't last long but was nice to get out. Cabin fever are not strong enough words to describe what I'm really feeling. Just wish it was over.

Lake in front of the house still has 4-5 inches of ice, and the north wind blowing up the lake makes life very dim. Rain and sleet today.
But the mornings are brighter, the afternoons longer,and the sap starting to run here in the valley. Spring is just around the corner, just hope that it can afford to get here with the cost of gas going up all the time!8-)

Plow,plow,shovel,shovel. Saw ground when shoveling the other day and got all excited.
Still have morels left. Were i ever robbed that's my treasure stash. Around the last week of April here depending on weather,they will be up and winter will be officially over(if it doesn,t snow).

Hey Number9, I couldn't agree more!

With spring on the way here in the North Country, I'm just waiting with my: red neck, white hair, and blue collar lifestyle!

I've always used the bad weather months for planning.

Research new places to to explore. Read up on the history about different locations.
You do know the number one key to treasure hunting is "History"... you got to look back to go forward!

It's a time to upgrade your equipment and make sure all repairs are made. Thoughts on what equipment maybe needed
such as GPS.. maps, digging tools, etc.

...you can also watch TV!:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back