What's new

Those Wyoming Quarters

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Joined
Aug 17, 2005
Messages
1,342
Reaction score
103
Golden Thread
0
Gawd....I got a Wyoming State Quarter in my change today. Looked at it, and thought to myself "The reverse looks like some kind of error....there is no detail on the horse and rider....

Then I did my research, only to find that IS exactly the way they intended it....

09rev_144x144.jpg
 
Upvote 0
Yep it is not pretty at all. I would not be happy if I were from Wyoming. But the proof is really nice.

Cat
 
Gawd....I got a Wyoming State Quarter in my change today. Looked at it, and thought to myself "The reverse looks like some kind of error....there is no detail on the horse and rider....

Then I did my research, only to find that IS exactly the way they intended it....

hahaha....I did the EXACT same thing when I saw my first Wyoming quarter. Glad I wasn't the only one.
 
The design is as plain and boring as most of the eastern state. Flat, and full of nothingness. A horrible landscape...fewer people per square mile than Alaska and that should give some indication of how empty the place is....the design in those regards, is perfect, and looks just like the license plate
 
Add my name to the list of people that thought they had an error quarter too. It is a shame that they paid some one good money to design that quarter. Waste of good money, if you ask me. I have never been to Wyoming, but there has to be a better design for a quarter.
 
That's one of the State quarters I need for my set. I am putting together a set of ones that I have found MDing. Just one of each no matter the mint mark. Here are the ones am still looking for.
Alaska
Arizona
Hawaii
Idaho
New Mexico
Oklahoma
Utah
Wyoming
 
Four of your states have not been released yet. The rest of them you can find in just about any roll.

Good Luck
Cat
 
Cat J said:
Four of your states have not been released yet. The rest of them you can find in just about any roll.

Good Luck
Cat
No wonder I can't find 4 of them. I am only putting in MD'd ones.
 
In my opinion the mint is just churning out all these garbage coins to market them and make a profit. The quality of art and minting is k-rap.
Here is quality, why can't they still produce ones like this?
1917.webp
 
Man that is really beautiful I never knew she had so much detail.

Thanks for sharing.
Cat
 
I agree Dan,

Somewhere we have abandoned art and replaced it with prolific.
It just dorsn't seem to matter what they look like anymore as long as they make lots of them.

Kind of sad really.

Thom
 
Each state has a fine arts commission that selects five designs from all of those submitted. The public is then permitted to vote on the one they like - therefore that coin was the choice of the wyoming citizens and we have to accept it. There are error Wyoming Quarters. - usually consist of cuds in various places. The public decided that the only thing that represented Indiana was a car and a basketball. Oh joy. siegfried schlagrule
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom