What's new

Tiny crown?

Hunthicks

Hero Member
Joined
Oct 22, 2009
Messages
804
Reaction score
466
Golden Thread
2
🥇 Banner finds
2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This little wedge shaped piece appears to have been broken off of something. It bear a crown shape on each side. It's approx. 3/4 of an inch wide. Any ideas would be great - I like these little mysteries now and again. :D
033.jpg
 
From a cap badge?
 
Upvote 0
Throw it in the junk bucket and go digging. :thumbsup:
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
Throw it in the junk bucket and go digging. :thumbsup:

Spunds like a plan! :wink:
 
Upvote 0
go digging yep --- but go digging where you found this --might be off a military cap badge . :wink: :icon_thumright:
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
go digging yep --- but go digging where you found this --might be off a military cap badge . :wink: :icon_thumright:


I've never seen an early badge with the design on both sides.
 
Upvote 0
Sorry not a crown or capbadge related in my opinion.
 
Upvote 0
ivan salis said:
who said early?


Ok show me any non early pewter/lead badge with the design on both sides and we'll talk more. ;D
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Sorry not a crown or capbadge related in my opinion.


So that's two for the junk bucket. :D
 
Upvote 0
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Sorry not a crown or capbadge related in my opinion.


So that's two for the junk bucket. :D

Yeah, didn't want to say the 'R' word
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
Iron Patch said:
CRUSADER said:
Sorry not a crown or capbadge related in my opinion.


So that's two for the junk bucket. :D

Yeah, didn't want to say the 'R' word


We don't use that here. Maybe he'd think it is some type of relic preservation cream. ;D
 
Upvote 0
Junk it is! I just get interested in the oddest pieces of what not that stick out to me for no reason. :P My noobish eyes get excited when they see a crown, because those military pieces seem to avoid me!
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
Junk it is! I just get interested in the oddest pieces of what not that stick out to me for no reason. :P My noobish eyes get excited when they see a crown, because those military pieces seem to avoid me!


Posting it is definitely the right thing to do! Even a piece of an early military find would be cool.... if it was.
 
Upvote 0
Hunthicks said:
Junk it is! I just get interested in the oddest pieces of what not that stick out to me for no reason. :P My noobish eyes get excited when they see a crown, because those military pieces seem to avoid me!

I can see why you thought that, just seen too many crowns for them not to jump out at me. What bothers me, is I recognise it from something but can't put my finger on it :icon_scratch:
 
Upvote 0
'scuse me BUT, what bothers me, is that our newish member is told by a couple of very respectable longer term members, to bin it!! without any firm identification 8)

This is exactly the sort of 'miniature shard' from which I have seen great ID's accomplished here.

Are we getting too soft :o ;D

Mike
 
Upvote 0
Re-viewing the pic - could it be the base of a Fleur de Lis ?
Viewing more pics might help :icon_thumleft:
Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
'scuse me BUT, what bothers me, is that our newish member is told by a couple of very respectable longer term members, to bin it!! without any firm identification 8)

This is exactly the sort of 'miniature shard' from which I have seen great ID's accomplished here.

Are we getting too soft :o ;D

Mike

Maybe you picked up the wrong end of the stick. I never said bin it. IP & myself were having an 'in' joke, & the poster I believe can make his own decisions & I'm sure he understood our jesting.
Also a junk bucket in my head is like the place you keep things you can't ID but have very little obvious going for it. Junk bucket not bin.
 
Upvote 0
CRUSADER said:
trikikiwi said:
'scuse me BUT, what bothers me, is that our newish member is told by a couple of very respectable longer term members, to bin it!! without any firm identification 8)

This is exactly the sort of 'miniature shard' from which I have seen great ID's accomplished here.

Are we getting too soft :o ;D

Mike

Maybe you picked up the wrong end of the stick. I never said bin it. IP & myself were having an 'in' joke, & the poster I believe can make his own decisions & I'm sure he understood our jesting.
Also a junk bucket in my head is like the place you keep things you can't ID but have very little obvious going for it. Junk bucket not bin.
Fair enough :icon_thumleft: I did misunderstand. Probably because I don't find enough stuff to even have a junk bucket! ;D
Mike
 
Upvote 0
trikikiwi said:
CRUSADER said:
trikikiwi said:
'scuse me BUT, what bothers me, is that our newish member is told by a couple of very respectable longer term members, to bin it!! without any firm identification 8)

This is exactly the sort of 'miniature shard' from which I have seen great ID's accomplished here.

Are we getting too soft :o ;D

Mike

Maybe you picked up the wrong end of the stick. I never said bin it. IP & myself were having an 'in' joke, & the poster I believe can make his own decisions & I'm sure he understood our jesting.
Also a junk bucket in my head is like the place you keep things you can't ID but have very little obvious going for it. Junk bucket not bin.
Fair enough :icon_thumleft: I did misunderstand. Probably because I don't find enough stuff to even have a junk bucket! ;D
Mike



You and me both mate :(
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom